Reinstall factory apps with Titanium Bkup

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a suggestion? I am rooted and did a test with Titanium Bkup by removing Skype. I tried to restore it using Titanium BkUp and it will not
restore. I don't really want it back but I am just trying to figure out why its not working. It says restore finished and I rebooted the phone but its still not
there. Anyone no why?

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
no I never renamed any files which I plan on doing for the others I want to get rid of but I just wanted to know if the restore would work with a default system app. Although it restored any app I installed fine it just doesn't do system app. thanks for any more suggestions.

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
no I never renamed any files which I plan on doing for the others I want to get rid of but I just wanted to know if the restore would work with a default system app. Although it restored any app I installed fine it just doesn't do system app. thanks for any more suggestions.

Titanium doesnt' seem to back up factory apps. I learned this the hard way, but luckily had installed clockwork mod.

If you delete factory apps, titanium only stores the apps data, but not the app.

Again, for anyone who's unsure: DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING, JUST RENAME IT

You can, however, get the stock /system files over at xda; I believe there is a sticky in this forum about going back to stock as well.

Edit- Just realized you didn't do anything yet, but the warning stands for people who, like myself, aren't that knowledgeable, but like to screw around. Just not worth it IMO.

Make sure you read things twice before doing, and make sure there aren't a ton of "I tried this and it didn't work" posts before trying.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info on the "only restore app data and not the app" I assumed as much but just wanted confirmation. I knew about the renaming but was just trying to educate myself....lol I did find the fascinate root dump file which has the .apk file inside it, now curious if I move it over will it work.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
FYI....it works......I moved the Skype.apk file from sd card to root of the system folder and everything is back like it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress