Should I root? Convince me

ayhowarya

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So I got my Fascinate today (oh yeah). I love it. Fast, terrific screen, first android phone and i am dumping my ipod touch for this as my media player. Now, for the fun stuff. Why should I root my phone? Does it void my warranty? Can this be undone if I were to break my screen or something of the sort? And do I need to root to lose bing?

I thank you for your time

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I got my Fascinate today (oh yeah). I love it. Fast, terrific screen, first android phone and i am dumping my ipod touch for this as my media player. Now, for the fun stuff. Why should I root my phone? Does it void my warranty? Can this be undone if I were to break my screen or something of the sort? And do I need to root to lose bing?

I thank you for your time

Congrats on your new amazing phone :)
Here is a great article for you , enjoy
http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

Reactions: ayhowarya

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. If the phone were to break, and it was rooted, could I unroot it and still send it in or is some log kept of my phone being rooted.

If the screen breaks chances are they wont repair it and look at your files , they will most likely just send you a refurbished phone.....and even if they were to fix the screen they would not go through your phone to look for Super User access.
if the screen is just broken but the phone is functional , yes there are ways of returning your phone to stock as long as you can turn it on , but truely its most likely very uncessary for the reasons i stated above

Reactions: ayhowarya

ayhowarya

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If the screen breaks chances are they wont repair it and look at your files , they will most likely just send you a refurbished phone.....and even if they were to fix the screen they would not go through your phone to look for Super User access.
if the screen is just broken but the phone is functional , yes there are ways of returning your phone to stock as long as you can turn it on , but truely its most likely very uncessary for the reasons i stated above

I think root it is. De-binging and de-bloating time. Just to be sure, I need to download the superuser app from the market? Thanks for your help!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Being that you just got the phone and all... why not leave it unrooted for now - and get more familiar with the functionality of the phone first.

Rooting is cool, but not a necessity. :)

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Rush on this. I had my phone for 4 months before rooting. If your on the fence about it, I would hold off for a bit.

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I got mine this past Monday and rooted it Wednesday morning. I didn't load a new rom or anything. Just de-bloated it. Runs super fast now.

I got it at Best buy and got their warranty which IMO better than VZW. If you break it, there's no insurance deductible to pay. You get a FREE replacement. $9.99 a month as opposed to VZW's $7.99.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Can you use the same methods for rooting listed in the "How to Root" sticky for the telus fascinate? And im running froyo 2.2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can you use the same methods for rooting listed in the "How to Root" sticky for the telus fascinate? And im running froyo 2.2

That i have no idea i would post that question in that thread or read through the whole thing perhaps someone already answered it

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I ****ed up my phone by downloading a non-working rom and it put my phone into a bootloader menu, I couldnt do anything so I took it back for an exchange, they didnt even power on the phone or anything, =D

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I got my phone a couple weeks ago, and had it rooted and running a voodoo kernal the same night, however I don't recommend voodoo to someone that's new to rooting and such. I had a hell of a time fixing that when I wanted a new rom.