I absolutely cannot figure out how to change the boot animation.

ArcAngel9

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I installed the DL09 ROM so now I dont have a boot animation and Ive been looking at tutorials and everything to put one onto my phone but they just dont work. I tried this one

HOW TO: Change bootup/shutdown animations and sounds - Android Forums

It tells you to put it in the /data/local folder but when I go into data there isnt a folder named local so I tried making one and putting the bootanimation.zip into it but still nothing.

Anyone know whatsup?

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
have you tried doing it through Rom Manager? also what kernel are you using?
I'm assuming you're rooted, place your bootanimation.zip file in data/local using Root Explorer.

Last edited:

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed the DL09 ROM so now I dont have a boot animation and Ive been looking at tutorials and everything to put one onto my phone but they just dont work. I tried this one

HOW TO: Change bootup/shutdown animations and sounds - Android Forums

It tells you to put it in the /data/local folder but when I go into data there isnt a folder named local so I tried making one and putting the bootanimation.zip into it but still nothing.

Anyone know whatsup?

As far as I'm aware, the bootanimation.zip needs to go into system/media And the shutdown animation frames need to go into system/media/video (and there might be a shutdown folder inside there)

ArcAngel9

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Ahh nice! I bought root explorer, moved the boot animation to the folder and was able to uninstall it for a refund! Thanks a lot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith