Need ideas to root without a computer

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys so here is the thing last night and the night before i have been trying to run the rage exploit from the android terminal emulator on my phone

in theory it should work the same way as adb right? or is this an impossibility?

so here is what i have been doing or

here is how it should go:
$ cd /sqlite_stmt_journals
cp /sdcard/root/rage ./rage
chmodd 0755 rage.bin
./rage

instead i get
$ cd /sqlite_stmt_journals
cp /sdcard/root/rage ./rage
cp:not found

Ideally at this point it should run the exploit but here is the catch in order to run the CP command you need busybox or so i understand but you cant get busybox without root so im stuck in a paradox

i have seen this done on a video with a droid x and cp command worked. how did they get it to work if android shell doesnt have that command?

any ideas guys?

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
No I have DI01 firmware on my fascinate, wanting DJ05 can I flash it with rom manager and cwm rec? I can dl it through rom man.

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Is that what that update earlier this week was? How do I root with Odin for DL09? Sorry for all the questions I'm kinda new just getting use to DI01 lol

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey droidxcon is there away you could downgrade your firmware to a lower one by Odin or just flashing that update.zip file and then use z4root and that will let busybox work so you can then run that command? Just a thought Cuz I used that same type of method with the captivate I had no PC or laptop do I used terminal emulator app and typed a few command typed in reboot recovery and flashed the update.zip rom and had the stock less fatty crapware with root incorporated its just a thought to get ya thinking in the right directions ya know

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey droidxcon is there away you could downgrade your firmware to a lower one by Odin or just flashing that update.zip file and then use z4root and that will let busybox work so you can then run that command? Just a thought Cuz I used that same type of method with the captivate I had no PC or laptop do I used terminal emulator app and typed a few command typed in reboot recovery and flashed the update.zip rom and had the stock less fatty crapware with root incorporated its just a thought to get ya thinking in the right directions ya know

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

im sorry prittyboy i am not following , if i use z4root in DI01 ill be able to use busy box, but when i use the update.zip wont it just over write and ill loose root as we did with the recent update?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ah I re read everything in the thread again and in theory I was saying is there a way to downgrade with the program Odin to get you back to a point where your phone is able to use the exploit for root with z4root then get a pre made rom with root exploit in it with out going thru the trouble of using a PC to do everything thing just use it for the downgrading part?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah I re read everything in the thread again and in theory I was saying is there a way to downgrade with the program Odin to get you back to a point where your phone is able to use the exploit for root with z4root then get a pre made rom with root exploit in it with out going thru the trouble of using a PC to do everything thing just use it for the downgrading part?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

this wont work because you still need Clockworkmod installed via odin, at this point you may aswell just go ahead root using the computer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non