ED01 Filtering Market Results?

comstriker

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed the Community V1.2 rom with a clean wipe

I'm getting some weird market results now. Things like PDAnet and Wireless Tether aren't showing up in the search results. Even when I try to search for the exact packet, com.pdanet or whatever, it won't show up. Are my results being filtered? Anyone else having this issue?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed the Community V1.2 rom with a clean wipe

I'm getting some weird market results now. Things like PDAnet and Wireless Tether aren't showing up in the search results. Even when I try to search for the exact packet, com.pdanet or whatever, it won't show up. Are my results being filtered? Anyone else having this issue?

You can thank Verizon for that. They are starting to crack down on tethering apps in the market.

Reactions: comstriker

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
After installing the com rom and restoring all my apps the Amazon market is telling nee I font own any if the free apps I installed from it. :(

I knew a third party market was going to be a headache.

triddirt

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yellow,
What system did you use to restore your Amazon Apps application and individual Amazon apps.
I have restored mine using Titantium Bakup (TiBu) many times without a problem.. Restore the individual User Apps (with data) and the Amazon App store application (with data)...

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Yellow,
What system did you use to restore your Amazon Apps application and individual Amazon apps.
I have restored mine using Titantium Bakup (TiBu) many times without a problem.. Restore the individual User Apps (with data) and the Amazon App store application (with data)...

I use Titanium as well but I hadn't backed up recently and the Amazon Market wasn't in my backups. DOH!

I'm dumb. LOL

comstriker

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, even from the market.android.com website it won't let me download. When I try to select a device, it shows I500 as grayed out and it gives an information bubble with the message "This item is not available on your carrier".

You guys know of a good workaround/3rd-party market that will work? I'll give Amazon market a shot now.

comstriker

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks twoof1. Just dl'ed and installed!

What an annoyance... and I/Verizon customers are really kinda opening themselves to malware and trojans when they are getting packages from 3rd party websites.

Oh well, at least this is the only blocked app that I need!

triddirt

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, even from the market.android.com website it won't let me download. When I try to select a device, it shows I500 as grayed out and it gives an information bubble with the message "This item is not available on your carrier".

You guys know of a good workaround/3rd-party market that will work? I'll give Amazon market a shot now.

DOH. So I never thought to try and download I assumed since I could find in market.com I could download it...:mad:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty