Swipe Issues

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Random issue today with swipe out of the blue...

Swipe follows my finger but when I am done with a word a blue outline lights up around the keyboard and no word is entered. I can type individually just fine.

Any idea why?

No recent installs short of an app or two that have nothing to do with that.

Currently running UKB 2.0 and Comavolt with EC04 modem and have been for a while now with no issues.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Random issue today with swipe out of the blue...

Swipe follows my finger but when I am done with a word a blue outline lights up around the keyboard and no word is entered. I can type individually just fine.

Any idea why?

No recent installs short of an app or two that have nothing to do with that.

Currently running UKB 2.0 and Comavolt with EC04 modem and have been for a while now with no issues.

The version of Swype you have with CommROM does not have the correct licensing for durable use.. teamsbrissenmod is aware of the problem..

There is a patch if you choose to use it - Link - Themed

Non Themed - Basic Swype from ED01 - Link

Download the file and copy to your sdcard
Boot to recovery
Clear your Dalvik cache
Flash the zip file..

It will take some time to reboot.... this will replace the Swype version you have with one from GrainOsand...

The other options are to use either the Samsung keyboard or the gingerbread keyboard.. or there is a process to clear this version of Swype and install the beta of 3.0.. Not many posts in praise of that version though.

Last edited:

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, that did the trick! Thanks for pointing out what I probably should have read in the known issues/change log, lol

I also think I might even like this keyboard better...

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I happen to really like the new swype. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I agree. The way word suggestion is displayed now is a lot better. The only problem I have now is the look; a new theme for it would be icing on the cake.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The way word suggestion is displayed now is a lot better. The only problem I have now is the look; a new theme for it would be icing on the cake.

+1 on this. I'm loving the new swype, how smooth it is, the horizontal suggestion bar, and how easy it is to add words to your user dictionary.

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The same old way to uninstall your current version of swype still works and installing the new version by download the swype installer - reboot and you are good to go.

delete these files from these folders;

data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod
system/app/Swype.apk
system/lib/libSwypeCore.so

reboot and run the swype installer again, you might need to create an account for swype beta testing then log in. download the latest version of swype and you are good to go. make sure before you uninstall choose a different input method like the samsung keyboard or the gingerbread one. open your phone's browser and grab the installer here https://beta.swype.com/android/get

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
This is nice to see that there are some posters who like Swype 3.0.

All I have seen and read is that it is buggy, and that the suggestion box jumps around during rendering.

Edit/Update: Decided to install and see what it is all about.. So far it looks good.

Last edited:

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The word recognition seems to be a lot better as well. Definitely a fan of 3.0.

+1/2 ? I like everything about it EXCEPT the wat that they implement the word recognition. It seems like every time I want to place the cursor in the text box (which is somewhat often due to the nature of swype) the whole text box will jump up and down depending on whether or not the suggestion box is there.

Maybe a good solution would be to place the suggestion box on TOP of the text box (or even the top of the screen) instead of between the keyboard and the text box.

paulek

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same Swype problem as described in the op. However, I am unable to uninstall the existing Swype product (version 2.29.71.20203). The "uninstall" option in settings is grayed out and not available. As a result, I am unable to install the new Swype beta. I cannot find the following files on my phone to delete them:

system/app/Swype.apk

Any suggestions?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same Swype problem as described in the op. However, I am unable to uninstall the existing Swype product (version 2.29.71.20203). The "uninstall" option in settings is grayed out and not available. As a result, I am unable to install the new Swype beta. I cannot find the following files on my phone to delete them:

system/app/Swype.apk

Any suggestions?

Are you using the app Root Explorer to delete those files? If so, they should be fairly easy to find.

Winkz7

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have any screen shots of what the "new" swype that you are referring to looks like? Any idea if any of the themed swype keyboards work with it?

Thanks,

drbg781

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I was a little skeptical at first...really skeptical, but damn...this is my favorite swype so far. BOOM! This will be the keyboard I will use from here on out. So smooth, responsive, and the new word menu being like that of the GB keyboard...fantastic. Instructions worked perfectly and on the first try.

paulek

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the app Root Explorer to delete those files? If so, they should be fairly easy to find.
I did a search for the files using Root Explorer and found data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod file and deleted it. The other files were not found. Swype is still shown under settings/applications/manage applications and won't uninstall.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you switch from Swype to another keyboard first, before searching for the files? I'm loving the new Swype Beta! I switched to stock keyboard. Used root explorer to delete the specified files and rebooted. Followed the link to register and received the email with the activation code. Downloaded the installer and installed Swype beta. Input username/password/activation code and then followed the prompts to enable Swype and then choose Swype. Couldn't have gone any smoother.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11