Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I know this is probably a stretch, but with Verizon not giving any word on this... at all... and since the Sprint version will be on their 4G, was just wondering, what are the odds that maybe Verizon is putting off saying anything, and planning to surprise us with a Fall LTE Fascinate? Again, i know it's probably unlikely, and they'll probably want their first LTE's to be under the Droid name, but thought i'd throw that out there to consider.

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This is what makes me worry about upgrading too soon. I'm afraid that as soon as I do, the LTE network will come out and I'll have yet another last-gen device.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Lte will be out soon but I would doubt you see any good devices using it prior to next Sumner. But yet and still Verizon is waiting too long to launch this phone. And if their really waiting for the d2 to launch and be out on the market for awhile I'm gone those blinders aren't good for consumers a device that's better than anything else out in some eyes and you wait for a phone to launch that's already obsolete

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Lte will be out soon but I would doubt you see any good devices using it prior to next Sumner. But yet and still Verizon is waiting too long to launch this phone. And if their really waiting for the d2 to launch and be out on the market for awhile I'm gone those blinders aren't good for consumers a device that's better than anything else out in some eyes and you wait for a phone to launch that's already obsolete

I don't know man, they could do like Sprint and have their first 4g phone a homerun. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
We are still a ways off till having a 4g LTE Android on verizon.

The earliest I would expect one is Feb '11. Not trying to be pessimistic just feel its more certain then not.

Also I wouldn't hesitate buying any new Android device now because you expect something greater later on.

I've said it before but will say again " you only live in the now". I've switched from a droid to a Inc to a soon to be Samsung Facinate all at no cost. I cleverly played the secondary retail market to get top dollar for my "old phones". Putting off purchases is futile if you have to wait more then 4-5 months to get a device.

There will always be superior devices on the horizon. You can only enjoy whats out there at the current time. Even if you wait for a hypothetical 4g Android device with 1080 p video record, 10 mp cam with dual flash, dual core processor, 1 gb internal ram, 64 GB internal memory, super super super amoled, and gives great oral...

There will be a device on the horizon with xenon flash, quad core, 2gb internal ram, 12 mp camera. 1080 p video recorsd at 45 fps, etc

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
We are still a ways off till having a 4g LTE Android on verizon.

The earliest I would expect one is Feb '11. Not trying to be pessimistic just feel its more certain then not.

Yup I agree, almost 0% chance this will have LTE. What would be nice though .. since it probably won't be out until late September, and it's been rumored that around then is when Samsung has talked about upgrading to Froyo.. ahh, it will still probably release with 2.1. I just figured in a thread where we're dreaming ..:D

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When CDMA 3G Rev. A came out they first released data cards that came with this feature and THEN came the mobile version. With WiMax 4G the same happened. First they released 4G data cards and then the phones.