Reducing Font Size?

CP2

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to make the fonts on messages smaller? When browsing my email, or reading SMS messages, the fonts on the Fascinate are HUGE to me! It makes it difficult to read any HTML emails especially without having to scroll over, which is completely unnecessary IMHO on a screen with this resolution.

I've searched and can't seem to find any way to do this, this was a basic function and one of the first things I adjusted on my old Blackberry.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You cannot...on any Android phone. At least not without rooting or custom ROMS. I haven't bothered with any of that stuff, but I've had almost all of the Android phones on Verizon and out of the box the font sizes are not adjustable (Droid, Droid2, Incredible, Devour, Eris, X, Fascinate).

CP2

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
You're joking, right? The browser has pinch to zoom to enlarge or reduce the size of any web page with a pinch, but you can't make any adjustment at all to the gigantic fonts on the rest of the OS? I mean, it looks like they scaled it for a 3" screen on a 320x480 display - but it just looks ridiculous!

If this is true... then this could be a deal breaker for me. I can't believe they would overlook something so simple.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm I could do it on my EVO and Droid X.

If you are syncing with Exchange, ditch the built in messaging app, and use Touchdown.

You cannot change the font in the Gmail app, Gtalk, Text Messaging...etc. If you use aftermarket items like Touchdown, sure you can do it. But a lot of people don't use exchange, myself included.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You cannot change the font in the Gmail app, Gtalk, Text Messaging...etc. If you use aftermarket items like Touchdown, sure you can do it. But a lot of people don't use exchange, myself included.

Notice I said "If you are syncing with Exchange". And yes, you are correct about Gmail.

IF you are willing to look at 3rd part replacement apps, with the exception of Gmail, there are solutions for changing the text size. Handcent for SMS. K9 for email.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Notice I said "If you are syncing with Exchange". And yes, you are correct about Gmail.

IF you are willing to look at 3rd part replacement apps, with the exception of Gmail, there are solutions for changing the text size. Handcent for SMS. K9 for email.

I can read bro, but you were not clear at all. You said you could do it on your X and Evo and THEN you go on to say if you're using Exchange, use Touchdown. Mutually exclusive statements in separate paragraphs.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can read bro, but you were not clear at all. You said you could do it on your X and Evo and THEN you go on to say if you're using Exchange, use Touchdown. Mutually exclusive statements in separate paragraphs.

No worries, sorry you didn't understand what I was trying to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress