Battery Level Accuracy

Skyeclad

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ii was wondering if third party battery widgets were any accurate because the percentages they report are much lower than the stock graphic seems to indicate. As an example, my notifier battery looks like it has about 45% left but my widget says 32%. Is there a system percentage that will settle the debate?

Destination Moon

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I think they all reach into a section of the OS that links to the mv reported to the system. Only reason an aftermarket app might be off is because it does not know the capacity of your phone battery. I have used a couple and they seem to process the same raw data.

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this today and I have a theory on why the graphic appears different than the actual charge percentage:

Ever notice how your battery appear to discharge from 100% down to around 80% really fast but then takes a long time to discharge down to about 20%, then worst of all that last 20% seems to drain super fast? Well, your not imaging this, that is actually the way Lithium ION batteries operate. They are much less efficient (both charging and discharging) when they are nearly full or nearly empty.

Therefore, my theory is that the battery graphic in the status bar is taking this into account and attempting to represent battery level in terms of usage time left as opposed to percent charge as reported by the OS like nearly all of the widgets do.

I could of course be completely wrong...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk