How to access fascinate's system files/folders

seanatsb

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Posted this on another forum, but am trying to reach as many people as possible to get a good answer. Here is my problem.

I have a rooted Fascinate. Using ES file explorer I was able to view system folders and found the system media files containing ringtones, notification tone, etc. However, I can not edit the files there or paste new files in there. I cannot find the system folder when I connect the fascinate to a computer. I tried showing "hidden files" but the folders still would not show up.

What I want to do is add my downloaded ringtones into the system media folder so that I can use those ringtones without having those ringtones appear in my music player. Another post tried to deal with this issue of the music player recognizing ringtones and notification tones, but no one could provide an actual solution to the problem. If I could move ringtones from the media folder on the SD to card to the media folder in the system folder, this would solve the problem.

Can anybody help me access the system folders in a manner that I can add files to the folders.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Download an app called Root Explorer.

That app you can enable read/write and do what you need. It is similar to ES file explorer but with added functionality for rooted phones. Much more powerful tool.

Reactions: Theman#AC

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

That app you can enable read/write and do what you need. It is similar to ES file explorer but with added functionality for rooted phones. Much more powerful tool.

this.

it's really the best and simplest way to access the file system on the phone.

seanatsb

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

OK, Did that. Root explorer allowed me to add new .ogg files to the system/media/audio/notifications folder. Thanks for that tip

However, when I go to set a notification sounds, the new files that I added do not appear. I even changed the permissions on the files to match those of the stock notification files, but they are still not recognized.

Does anybody have any idea why these new files aren't being recognized by whatever controls the ability to set ringtones? or what I can do to make the files as an option to be set as a notification alert?

Solved this myself. A simple turning the power off and then restarting the phone allowed the files to be recognized. Thanks your your help!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez