Wrong SMS contact displayed in preview?

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is noticing this, but when you recieve a text, it quickly does a preview in the notifications bar, with the name of the sender. Up till now it has worked great that i noticed. Lately it has been giving random names, or just the phone number of the sender and not displaying the correct contact. I have checked the contacts it displays and the phone number is not attached or in anyway connected. The message is still in the right conversation, but the preview and notificition bar is all messed up. I go into my notificiations thinking i have a text from Andy but going into it it is from bill.... Anyone else before i try a refresh????

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was having trouble with contacts not showing the names just the phone numbers for txts, factory reset fixxed it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think there is a fix for it, this seems to be a common issue across Android on basically every device. HOPEFULLY it's been fixed in Honeycomb, because I think it was still an issue in FroYo

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen on rare occasions when carrying conversations with multiple people at the same time. One persons messages will be there with the others name at the top for a second.

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Try out handcent sms. Its better then the stock sms buy a long shot. You can pretty much customize every thing. Just type in handcent sms in the market. The previews have always been right for me with this. I was having the same issue so I did some browsing and fell in love with handcent.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ive had this hapen to e using stock and handcent but it hasnt been a huge deal so i its a negligable glitch in my eyes.

but just wanted to add to the sightings

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Best fix i have seen was to back up your data and restart fresh. Unfortunately that was the only fix i found. Heres to hoping for Honeycomb, or even Gingerbread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38