Best way to remove DRM from iTunes video+music

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
New Android-wielding deviant here (love my rooted FASN8:cool:) who has a fair amount of purchased iTunes videos and music with the dreaded DRM on it.

Looking to my brothers to share their experience/knowledge on the BEST (i.e., cheap, it works, speed) way to REMOVE DRM from iTunes video and music so I can port it over to my FASN8.

Options I have seen out there so far:

-ripping music to a CD then copying back to PC as DRM-free. Not sure if there is a similar video option like this but a PITA if you have a lot of files to deal with.

-per doubleTwist FAQ, "iTunes Plus" works but it costs $0.30/song and $0.60/video. That's a big ouch when you have a lot of files with DRM:(

-"Daniusoft DRM Converter" DRM Remover, Remove DRM Protection, WMV WMA iTunes DRM Remover. Costs $35.95, which ends up being a cheaper option than iTunes Plus if you have a lot of stuff.

What have you guys used that you liked? Disliked? Remember, "Sharing is Caring!" :)

Gtar02

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Check out songbird. Its for your computer, not phone. It imports all your itunes music and allows you to sync it to something other than an iphone. All I did was create an itunes folder on my device card and was able to save all my music there and play it in the fascinates media player. Hope that made sense.

EaRSh0T

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
that just does the same thing as doubletwist, we can get the media ON to the phone, just not the ones that have DRM, need something that strips the DRM off.