other ways to root

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
iam askin if there are any other ways to root my fascinate besides the one click and adb because they are just not working for me i have the di01 and i cant find any other way. any help is great

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
iam askin if there are any other ways to root my fascinate besides the one click and adb because they are just not working for me i have the di01 and i cant find any other way. any help is great

When doing it through ADB just be patient after it runs the expolit, my phone took 28 minutes for it to work. I would say try it again using adb when it runs the exploit and says this may take a few minutes, go watch some t.v and let the phone do it's thing come back in a 1/2 hour and it should be done. Then finish the adb process and it should work.

Hope this helps

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
First, is there any reason you haven't done the OTA update?

Secondly, if you tell me exactly where it doesn't work in the process of using ADB, I can't help you better.

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
First tried the update with wifi off it said faild ip previous updated faild and the adb method I get to where it pauses for 7 sec, then 20 and then kicks me back to fascinate root _ and phone frezzes I wait about 5mins and nothing battery pull and start over the oneclick it says complete but after that no device error.

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
First tried the update with wifi off it said faild ip previous updated faild and the adb method I get to where it pauses for 7 sec, then 20 and then kicks me back to fascinate root _ and phone frezzes I wait about 5mins and nothing battery pull and start over the oneclick it says complete but after that no device error.

One cilck method and z4root don't seem to work with DL09.

Root manually and I would wait longer than 5 minutes. I had to wait 28 minutes for it to successfully exploit. Root it using the adb commands and after you run the exploit (after I typed the ./rage.bin command) just let it sit for like 30 minutes or till it takes you back to the command prompt, like i said mine took 28 min. to run the exploit.

If your getting a device not found error, unplug your phone then do a ctrl - alt - del and go to task manager and end task adb.exe then re-connect your phone and start adb again and it should find your device again.

EDIT:
I just re-rooted my phone again last night after I did the OTA update thing from DL09 to EA28 and followed the same adb manual command rooting instructions and it still took like a half hour again but it worked. Don't know if it's cause I have a slow computer or a lot of apps on my phone, but I can tell it starts to work when the clock on my phone stops changing. Last night took 7 minutes before the clock stopped, and then another 20 + for it to exploit and spawn like 3000 whatever it says before it took me back to the command prompt to finish the commands off. I would just say be patient and if it doesn't work the first time just try again. Also if you have Lookout mobile security un-install before rooting. Mine won't seem to root till after i remove that app and then i just put it back on after I'm rooted.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo