What causes this and is there anything to prevent.it from happenin?? I am rooted with eb01 froyo. Its just a.pain cause about everyday it does it and I have to rearrange 13 pages of apps with stock touchwiz.,any ideas
    03-09-2011 04:24 PM
    What causes this and is there anything to prevent.it from happenin?? I am rooted with eb01 froyo. Its just a.pain cause about everyday it does it and I have to rearrange 13 pages of apps with stock touchwiz.,any ideas
    ???? there is no safe mode. give us more details.
    03-09-2011 04:47 PM
    ???? there is no safe mode. give us more details.
    There is actually a safe mode, i get it once in awhile after rebooting from clockwork,, i have no idea why it happens, and if its happening randomly, then there must be some kind of problem.
    03-09-2011 04:51 PM
    There is actually a safe mode, i get it once in awhile after rebooting from clockwork,, i have no idea why it happens, and if its happening randomly, then there must be some kind of problem.
    I wanna boot into safe mode!!!!! do you any idea how much crap i do to my phone? i have never once gotten safe mode. I WANT SAFE MODE!!!!! THEY WONT GIVE ME ANY FREAKIN PIE AND NOD I FIND OUT YOU GUYS ARE KEEPING SAFE MODE FROM ME!!!!
    03-09-2011 04:56 PM
    I wanna boot into safe mode!!!!! do you any idea how much crap i do to my phone? i have never once gotten safe mode. I WANT SAFE MODE!!!!! THEY WONT GIVE ME ANY FREAKIN PIE AND NOD I FIND OUT YOU GUYS ARE KEEPING SAFE MODE FROM ME!!!!
    you probably have booted into it , you need to pay attention in the bottom left hand side it says safe mode, almost transparent
    03-09-2011 04:57 PM
    you probably have booted into it , you need to pay attention in the bottom left hand side it says safe mode, almost transparent
    nope. would have noticed that.
    03-09-2011 05:22 PM
    nope. would have noticed that.
    Replicated this by flashing from eclair to froyo without doing a wipe

03-09-2011 05:31 PM
    Replicated this by flashing from eclair to froyo without doing a wipe

ooooo. im gonna try that now. what about my pie!
    03-09-2011 05:33 PM
    Nothing special about Safe Mode - just restricts usage (like apps).
    03-09-2011 08:06 PM
    Nothing special about Safe Mode - just restricts usage (like apps).
    yeah, well aparently im not special, i cant get no safe mode. it didnt work.

do you have my pie?
    03-09-2011 08:59 PM
    Last weekend, while using my phone in the car as a GPS, it started to act strange and the LEDs on the buttons started to randomly flash. So I reset it, and it came up in safe mode. I tried a couple more resets, same thing. And still with the blinking LEDs. When I got off the road, I pulled the battery and restarted it. Same thing. I figured it was toast, and I was convinced it thought I was pressing some or all of the bottom button. Then just as suddenly, it started working fine.
    I never did the safe mode then before or after that. I have had the bottom LEDs do odd things a couple of times. Not sure how that is related.
    03-09-2011 09:43 PM
    I could only assume there's a bad app in the mix somewhere that caused a fatal boot problem that didn't destabilize the rom, so it boots to safe mode.

Hey mike, I found you some pie. I hid it to keep it safe.
    03-09-2011 10:44 PM
    I could only assume there's a bad app in the mix somewhere that caused a fatal boot problem that didn't destabilize the rom, so it boots to safe mode.

Hey mike, I found you some pie. I hid it to keep it safe.
    he has to go into safe mode to get...

Iv been in safe mode twice. Dont know how.

Sent using my Froyo Fascinate
    03-09-2011 10:53 PM
    yeah, well aparently im not special, i cant get no safe mode. it didnt work.

do you have my pie?
    No. Not until you start another thread about whining.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    03-09-2011 11:27 PM
    My rooted Fascinate constantly reboots into safe mode and it is very frustrating. The only pattern I have noticed is that it seems like it happens most when I lock the screen during periods of heavy CPU usage(Pandora). I will hit the lock button and it vibrates like "vurp....vur-vur-vurp" and reboots more often than not into safe mode where most of my apps are not available. I hope this info helps anyone looking to get into safe mode but if anyone knows how to prevent this from being a constant annoyance I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks
    06-19-2011 08:57 AM
    My rooted Fascinate constantly reboots into safe mode and it is very frustrating. The only pattern I have noticed is that it seems like it happens most when I lock the screen during periods of heavy CPU usage(Pandora). I will hit the lock button and it vibrates like "vurp....vur-vur-vurp" and reboots more often than not into safe mode where most of my apps are not available. I hope this info helps anyone looking to get into safe mode but if anyone knows how to prevent this from being a constant annoyance I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks
    The "vurp.....vur-vur-vurp" is a Force Close vibration. Something on your phone is hanging or crashing at that point. What ROM are you running?
    06-19-2011 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD