Safe mode boot up

anon(120986)

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
What causes this and is there anything to prevent.it from happenin?? I am rooted with eb01 froyo. Its just a.pain cause about everyday it does it and I have to rearrange 13 pages of apps with stock touchwiz.,any ideas

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What causes this and is there anything to prevent.it from happenin?? I am rooted with eb01 froyo. Its just a.pain cause about everyday it does it and I have to rearrange 13 pages of apps with stock touchwiz.,any ideas

???? there is no safe mode. give us more details.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There is actually a safe mode, i get it once in awhile after rebooting from clockwork,, i have no idea why it happens, and if its happening randomly, then there must be some kind of problem.

I wanna boot into safe mode!!!!! do you any idea how much crap i do to my phone? i have never once gotten safe mode. I WANT SAFE MODE!!!!! THEY WONT GIVE ME ANY FREAKIN PIE AND NOD I FIND OUT YOU GUYS ARE KEEPING SAFE MODE FROM ME!!!!:mad:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I wanna boot into safe mode!!!!! do you any idea how much crap i do to my phone? i have never once gotten safe mode. I WANT SAFE MODE!!!!! THEY WONT GIVE ME ANY FREAKIN PIE AND NOD I FIND OUT YOU GUYS ARE KEEPING SAFE MODE FROM ME!!!!:mad:

you probably have booted into it , you need to pay attention in the bottom left hand side it says safe mode, almost transparent

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
nope. would have noticed that.

Replicated this by flashing from eclair to froyo without doing a wipe

device.png

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Last weekend, while using my phone in the car as a GPS, it started to act strange and the LEDs on the buttons started to randomly flash. So I reset it, and it came up in safe mode. I tried a couple more resets, same thing. And still with the blinking LEDs. When I got off the road, I pulled the battery and restarted it. Same thing. I figured it was toast, and I was convinced it thought I was pressing some or all of the bottom button. Then just as suddenly, it started working fine.
I never did the safe mode then before or after that. I have had the bottom LEDs do odd things a couple of times. Not sure how that is related.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I could only assume there's a bad app in the mix somewhere that caused a fatal boot problem that didn't destabilize the rom, so it boots to safe mode.

Hey mike, I found you some pie. I hid it to keep it safe.

bootsdodgejn

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I could only assume there's a bad app in the mix somewhere that caused a fatal boot problem that didn't destabilize the rom, so it boots to safe mode.

Hey mike, I found you some pie. I hid it to keep it safe.
he has to go into safe mode to get...

Iv been in safe mode twice. Dont know how.

Sent using my Froyo Fascinate

Sinner650R

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
My rooted Fascinate constantly reboots into safe mode and it is very frustrating. The only pattern I have noticed is that it seems like it happens most when I lock the screen during periods of heavy CPU usage(Pandora). I will hit the lock button and it vibrates like "vurp....vur-vur-vurp" and reboots more often than not into safe mode where most of my apps are not available. :( I hope this info helps anyone looking to get into safe mode but if anyone knows how to prevent this from being a constant annoyance I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My rooted Fascinate constantly reboots into safe mode and it is very frustrating. The only pattern I have noticed is that it seems like it happens most when I lock the screen during periods of heavy CPU usage(Pandora). I will hit the lock button and it vibrates like "vurp....vur-vur-vurp" and reboots more often than not into safe mode where most of my apps are not available. :( I hope this info helps anyone looking to get into safe mode but if anyone knows how to prevent this from being a constant annoyance I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks

The "vurp.....vur-vur-vurp" is a Force Close vibration. Something on your phone is hanging or crashing at that point. What ROM are you running?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress