Is the 2150 extended battery worth it?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
How much will the extra 300mAH get you over the standard 1850mAH battery?

It doesn't seem to be much.

It's your call but I know I want one. Every LTE device to date has struggled to make it through a day on a single charge with the ones that do without disabling stuff being the minority, Anything you can do to squeeze a few more hours out of this thing is going to be welcome.

I know I am getting one.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the spare battery/charger combo over this I think. Always having a spare charged up batt is better imho.

With one battery, even the extended one you are kinda stuck when the batt is low...hard to leave the house. With 2 batts you get more freedom.

Just an alternate choice for you.

Reactions: Terrigno

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Isn't there issues with a second battery and NFC? I remember reading something about it.

I picked up the extended battery. It's still charging, but since it doesn't add much bulk I think it's much worth it. The price is a rip off though... $50!

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Taking price into consideration I think the spare battery is the best deal of the two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Taking price into consideration I think the spare battery is the best deal of the two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Im still trying to figure out why Verizon charges 39.99 for a battery and a charger. Then 49.99 for just a battery with 300 mah more. Seems like these prices should be vice versa. That said i also agree that the combo is a much better deal.

ScottDaMan

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the spare battery/charger combo over this I think. Always having a spare charged up batt is better imho.

With one battery, even the extended one you are kinda stuck when the batt is low...hard to leave the house. With 2 batts you get more freedom.

Just an alternate choice for you.
Dude, you JUST described why I refused to get an iPhone 4S. I often camp in the mountains, and having a backup battery is kinda crucial.

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the oem extended battery. I think it was about $53

I think the extra juice is worth it and personally, it think the cover the comes with it makes the phone feel even better.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why, but when I was checking out the guy told me they were doing a 50% off 4g batteries deal. He had to get a manager to override it but hey $25 is a good deal lol.

stanfills

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why, but when I was checking out the guy told me they were doing a 50% off 4g batteries deal. He had to get a manager to override it but hey $25 is a good deal lol.

Man I wish! They offered 30% off if I bought 5 accessories... Yea right, I can do a lot better online! I did buy the extra battery and charger though and the Incipio case since I felt I needed them right away.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
the look of the stock battery cover looks every so slightly different than the extended battery cover in that...the textured dimples on the stock cover recess "deeper" than the extended cover.

i like the look of the stock cover more...but i can't justify that minor detail to not want to use the extended 2100mah battery

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Standard Battery Charger w/Stand, Battery & Y-Cable has an online special for $39 at the verizon website. That is a better deal than the extended battery.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery to get any extra time I could. The extra size it adds is really minimal and all the cases I was checking out fit it just fine. Its way to early to know how well the battery does and that's pretty much a subjective kind of deal anyway as it will depend on how you use your phone.

I'll just keep the standard battery as an extra and will charge it and haul it along when flying as a just in case thing.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the extended battery. Still haven't gotten to use the phone under normal conditions yet so can't say if it was worth it. I got the silicone case because the incipio cover didn't fit over the extended battery. The outer shell part couldn't sit flush on the bottom half.

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
13.5% extra capacity for $50? Pass.

If you're struggling to make it through a 12 hour day on standard battery, the extended is only going to buy you another hour and a half anyway.

I went for the spare battery + charger. I'd rather have the option to swap batteries out and remain completely mobile while the other charges... than be forced to tether myself to a wall whenever the phone runs low. I have pockets. I can cope with carrying an extra battery if I foresee a long day. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87