Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber and Screen Protector Review

Ordered the Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber skin on Tuesday and it was just delivered today. I ran over to the kiosk here in my local mall and had the guy there install it since I'm all thumbs when it comes to this.

First impressions:

Carbon Fiber feels great and adds pretty much no bulk. The screen protector is great, Ive used Ghost Armor on most of my electronic screens and this one is no different from the others. Ghost Armor is a wet application, but has NO orange peel like other wet application protectors. Being day 1 there is a slight haze, but this typically goes away after a few days.

The battery cover has 1 cutout for the "Samsung" logo. I would assume this would line up perfectly assuming you have the standard battery door. I am using the extended battery and door so the cutout was slightly off. The guy at the kiosk enlarged the cutout so it appeared correct.

On to the pictures:

Last edited by lembowski; 12-22-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Title change for accuracy
    Thanked by 4:
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Global Posts
    1,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default Re: Ghost Armor for sale now

Wow, thanks. I've been waiting on that.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Is there no way to preview what it looks like??
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by xxslashxxdroid View Post
    Is there no way to preview what it looks like??
    Don't see it on their site. I had one on my Nexus S 4G and it was really nice, so I'm trusting its the same.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Bump

Updated the 1st post with a picture of the rear.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber and Screen Protector Review

How is the smoothness of the screen?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by sutrebla15 View Post
    How is the smoothness of the screen?
    I would say crystal, its smooth and not tacky or anything like that

Thanked by:

Is this the Gunmetal or Black?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jpgetter View Post
    Is this the Gunmetal or Black?
    Gunmetal

Global Posts
    1,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

They sent the wrong screen protectors for mine I just called them and they said they would express send me out some more. They didn't even question it and, said I didn't have to send what they sent me back. They must of knew they made a mistake once I gave them my order number. It kind of sucks because I was expecting it today but, as long as they send me the right ones I'm cool with it.

It looks like they sent me the Nexus S covers.

Last edited by qnet; 12-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Mistakes happen, sounds like they are taking care of you though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

hey love the pics! thanks for that. I really want to get your same setup on my gnex.. The only thing holding me back is.. How thick is the body protection? Im hesitant to get it because im not sure after adding the body part it will still fit the VZW car dock, i also have the extended battery.

Do you use the vzw car dock and / or can confirm if it will fit with the ghost armor kit?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Kancerstick View Post
    hey love the pics! thanks for that. I really want to get your same setup on my gnex.. The only thing holding me back is.. How thick is the body protection? Im hesitant to get it because im not sure after adding the body part it will still fit the VZW car dock, i also have the extended battery.

Do you use the vzw car dock and / or can confirm if it will fit with the ghost armor kit?
    Its thin. I don't have the car dock to test, but I can't imagine that a super thin stick on skin would keep it from working.

Again this isn't a case, just a stick on adhesive film they say its less than 1/100th of an inch thick...

Anybody ever install the body armor themselves? There are no Ghost Armor locations in Texas.

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

don't these stickers peel off at some point just from being in and out of pockets?
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    don't these stickers peel off at some point just from being in and out of pockets?
    They haven't on my last 3 phones.

And if it does, since Ghost Armor has a life time warranty you send them back the skin and they send you a new one.
    Thanked by:
    AZDROIDX likes this.

ROM
    AOKP 38

Nice!!! I've been looking for A carbon fiber skin, I had bodygaurdz on my Bionic.

Just ordered myself one, almost went with purple but got the gun metal instead.

What color is that anyways, gunmetal?

Quote Originally Posted by NYRico View Post
    What color is that anyways, gunmetal?
    Pretty much the same color as the GN, if it was a piece of metal then would be shiny, think grey chrome.

Global Posts
    1,637 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

I definitely wanna get this, looks great and would be perfect for me considering i hate cases. Anyone have pics of the black color?

ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

Looks great OP,I've had a prepaid certificate in my wallet for over a week waiting for my local Ghost Armors to get the kits, they got the clear last week but I'm a fan of the Matte. My last 5 phones have had Ghost and it's awesome! Can't beat Lifetime warranty either, most places will replace the small pieces for free too if they have them. My kids Sensation has this Carbon color, I might try it out too maybe instead of the Matte. The Clear kits don't include the battery door piece from what I was told, due to being able to see air bubbles thru it?!

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Good review, thanks, definitely makes the phone look even better. I just wish it offered drop protection, so I am stuck with my case. That screen protector looks really thick from the pictures. If my current protector doesn't work out I may pick up one of these.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

just got back from the mall and got the full armor installed in clear but mine looks like crap The kid that installed mine sucked at it. All the sides of the phone have air bubbles in it that wont come out. The screen also has one spot where a piece of dust got under it. I'm completely dissatisfied and think i want my cash back.

The 2nd thing i was worried about, when they apply the screen protector, they mist your phone with water until its pretty soaking, Doesnt that water get under things or in the ear piece and harm the electronics?

ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

Quote Originally Posted by S281 View Post
    just got back from the mall and got the full armor installed in clear but mine looks like crap The kid that installed mine sucked at it. All the sides of the phone have air bubbles in it that wont come out. The screen also has one spot where a piece of dust got under it. I'm completely dissatisfied and think i want my cash back.

The 2nd thing i was worried about, when they apply the screen protector, they mist your phone with water until its pretty soaking, Doesnt that water get under things or in the ear piece and harm the electronics?
    You have 7 days to get it redone if you are not satisfied, and won't need to pay the labor to redo it. Most of the air bubbles need at least 48hrs to see if they clear up, specially on the screen section. And yes, there are some that just don't do the same quality as others. Maybe they were new? (Iv'e had one) Or just in too much of a hurry? One thing is that every location I've been to stands behind their work. Go and see them after 48hrs.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast