[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.2 (Updated 7/14/12)

Hey Guys! Can someone do a step by step on how to use Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.2. I know for many it?s so easy and you may be laughing at my post calling me a noob. I really want to root but i dont want to screw up my Nexus because i did step 1 & 2 correctly and messed up step 3 (if you catch my drift) Btw i did a searched on youtube to watch someone Unlock and Root using Wug's and found a couple of videos but they are older using his older toolkit versions. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

A new video is up in the OP now thanks to DroidModderX

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

A new video is up in the OP now thanks to DroidModderX

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks

I have a problem tho. When i click unlock i get "Checking ADB Status" and it never goes away. So i go into task manager and end task. Then i go back into the nexus root toolkit and when i click unlock it does checking ADB status for about 5 sec and then i get a notification that tells me ADB isn't working. My nexus is connecting to the computer just fine, i tried different usb ports, a different usb cord, i deleted the program and re-installed from mutable websites. i don't know what the problem is. usb debugging is checked and i tried MTP and PTP still No luck. Any ideas to get by this?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks

I have a problem tho. When i click unlock i get "Checking ADB Status" and it never goes away. So i go into task manager and end task. Then i go back into the nexus root toolkit and when i click unlock it does checking ADB status for about 5 sec and then i get a notification that tells me ADB isn't working. My nexus is connecting to the computer just fine, i tried different usb ports, a different usb cord, i deleted the program and re-installed from mutable websites. i don't know what the problem is. usb debugging is checked and i tried MTP and PTP still No luck. Any ideas to get by this?

For anyone getting stalled on checking adb status;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28970472

{{ WugFresh }}

Freido28

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

will this be able to save and restore apps and app date in the manner that titanium backup does? i am about to root for the first time, and would prefer to not have to lose all my apps and app info if possible. and titanium backup only works when it is already rooted.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My N7 is on build JRO03D, not the C listed. Could I use that or should I wait patiently for your next update?

Love the program and what it did for my GNex. Thanks!

stiffbak

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I've unrooted to get my OTA Jelly Bean update and installed the latest version of the Toolkit. The process is working just as the previous version did. No issues, however when I try to update the Su binary I get the message of "installation failed". When I use a root checker app it indicates that I'm not rooted. So I went back to step 1 on the driver installation guide and followed it step by step. Attempted root again but with the same result. Note : I did not relock my Galaxy Nexus from the previous root. Am I forgeting a step? 1) Initial set up - Drivers 2) Back up 3) Root (tried both permanent CWM and "do not flash CWM". One other note, the old superuser app stayed on my app list. Any ideas?

Last edited:

stiffbak

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

It seems I have CWM currently installed. The Toolkit allows me to boot into Temp.CWM to fix permissions.

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

My N7 is on build JRO03D, not the C listed. Could I use that or should I wait patiently for your next update?

Love the program and what it did for my GNex. Thanks!

My N7 is on the same build, and I used the Toolkit yesterday to unlock it. I didn't root it, but the unlocking worked like a champ once I got all the drivers installed. ( I had to manually install the drivers.)

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

I unlocked and rooted for my first time last night.
I restored the Android Backup file which took a while, but now the data/media is taking well over an hour. I unplugged and restarted the process but for a second time it's taking over an hour.
What is taking so long? It says 10-20mins to restore, should I just be more patient?

Edit: I had patience; took nearly 2 hours, but it went through.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I unlocked and rooted for my first time last night.
I restored the Android Backup file which took a while, but now the data/media is taking well over an hour. I unplugged and restarted the process but for a second time it's taking over an hour.
What is taking so long? It says 10-20mins to restore, should I just be more patient?

Edit: I had patience; took nearly 2 hours, but it went through.

You probably had some really big files on there.

{{ WugFresh }}

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Tip: If you're rooting an N7 from a Win7 machine and in a hurry, use the manual steps instead of the automatic ones.

Thanks, Wug!

gershte

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

My current model type IMM76M is unavailable in models list. Do you plan any update soon?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I swear I haven't had this much of a problem installing a USB driver sense windows 98. I have tried this on two computers with the exact same results so I have to conclude the right drivers arent included in this package?? Phone is a galaxy nexus bought from the play store running 4.1.1. Computers are both windows 7 x64 machines.

I got to the fastboot step 5 and the phone is on the fastboot screen.

I have tried step 6a and 6b but neither work. What I had was unknown device, not the suggested "android 1.0" and what I have now is the android usb composite device because thats the last I tried.

What is the exact driver I am suposed to be using and/or what do I do when neither step 6a or 6b work?

--------------------------------------------------

Edit, looks like the phone was locked up while displaying the fastboot screen. Unplugged it rebooted it and performed step 5 bootloader again, and then device manager detected android ADB interface right off the bat. Step 7 showed a fastboot device no problem. Step 8 reboot worked fine as well.

It locked up the phone several times in a row on me on several computers after going into fastboot the first time but seems like it works after I get that driver loaded the first time.

Last edited:

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks a lot for this Wug. I have just one question, I did not pick Root with permanent CWM, because I still wanted OTA updates from Google. Just want to be clear here, if I do root with perma CWM, then OTA is no longer possible, right?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this Wug. I have just one question, I did not pick Root with permanent CWM, because I still wanted OTA updates from Google. Just want to be clear here, if I do root with perma CWM, then OTA is no longer possible, right?

It is, you can just flash the stock recovery, only takes a minute. If you've changed anything you can do a full factory image restore as well, which again would allow you to receive OTAs. Either is very easy to do, the toolkit can do them and we have guides if you need to do it manually :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non