CWM Only Loads Once

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey, has anyone seen this? I am rooted and installed ROM Manager to flash Clockwork Mod on my Galaxy Nexus CDMA. I install it and it says its flashed successfully. At that point I can reboot to recovery and CWM works. Now if I boot back to ICS, somewhere CWM dies. If I boot back into recovery, all I get is a picture of the android with a red exclamation point. I have to then battery pull. I can reflash CWM and it works once, then dies. Anyone seen this or heard of a fix? Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Using something like Root Explorer, go to /system and find the file recovery-from.boot.p and delete it. Then flash CWR again, it should stick this time.

EDIT: If deleting it scares you, you can always rename it like "recovery-from.boot.p.bak".... but really, just delete it :)

Gnoah

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Using something like Root Explorer, go to /system and find the file recovery-from.boot.p and delete it. Then flash CWR again, it should stick this time.

EDIT: If deleting it scares you, you can always rename it like "recovery-from.boot.p.bak".... but really, just delete it :)

This^^. Just make sure you flash CWR after. A lot of people seem to forget that part.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

Perfect! That fixed it. Thanks!

anon(185333)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I've been having this issue as well but I can't find that dang recovery file! I've searched my entire phone looking for "recovery-from.boot.p" but no dice. Any help?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I've been having this issue as well but I can't find that dang recovery file! I've searched my entire phone looking for "recovery-from.boot.p" but no dice. Any help?

Use Root Explorer to find it (buy it if you don't have it, its a NEEDED app for rooted users). Its right in the directory I said above :)

anon(185333)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that's the app that I'm using. Staring at it right now, the /system folder, but I don't see any file named recover-from.boot.p, weird!!

I even tried searching for the app, not just in the system folder but in the root of the whole phone too but I still can't find it

edit: maybe the ROM that I have on here already did this for me? I'm running 12/22 of pete's bugless beast nightly builds. I'm gonna flash his latest one and see if CWM will still be on the phone

Last edited:

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So if I have a custom hom how can I get CMR? I looked in the system folder and its not there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jbhollon

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
my problem is the exact same, the problem now is that even with root explorer i can't rename that file. even if i select to remount in r/w it still says i don't have rights. I am verified rooted so i have no idea of how to get around this.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
my problem is the exact same, the problem now is that even with root explorer i can't rename that file. even if i select to remount in r/w it still says i don't have rights. I am verified rooted so i have no idea of how to get around this.

Open your Supeuser app and in there you can give root access to root explorer. All rooted apps need to have root access to run.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non