Next Steps - AOKP-build 20

tuxhedoh

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So a few weeks ago I took the plunge and installed AOKP-build 20, I've also since flashed the radios. I've got TiBu installed and made a full backup. If I want to try a different ROM, or upgrade to the newer AOKP, what is the best way to go about it without having to redownload all of my apps again?

I'm concerned about the wiping instructions when I wipe cache and such, that it's going to delete the backup files that TiBu made. Is this a concern?

Anyone else been in my situation, any pointers to things that might help calm my fears?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Your memory on your phone is separated into two sections. One is "internal" which is wiped when you wipe data. And one is "external" which is not wiped when you wipe data. Your TiBU is stored in the external section. I have flashed several roms and restored from tiBu. Just make sure that you do not restore system data, as that will most likely hose your rom install.

This is what I do when I change roms
1. Make backup with TiBu. (Backup NOVA settings if you are using NOVA)
2. Boot into CWM
3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik Cache
4. Format System
5. Install ROM
6. Install GAPPS
7. Flash Kernal (if you using something different than what is in the ROM)
8. Reboot
9. When the phone boots, skip the step where you put your google ID in. (I've found in the past that this initiates auto-downloading of your paid for apps.)
10. After you getting to the home screen, go into settings/accounts and sign into your google account.
11. download TiBu and restore all your user apps and data. DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM DATA.
12. Finish setting up your email accounts/ ringtones/facebook/ etc.
13. Enjoy your new ROM.
14. Starting looking to see what ROM you will install next (because I can't have just 13 steps.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo