I unlocked..Want to flash 4.0.4

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Im on a mac and want to flash 4.0.4. I am not rooted but I am unlocked.

I cant find anywhere online how to do this, its all just very confusing. Any help would be wonderful

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mac's are not my expertise, I did mine on a Windows PC so I can't be much more help to you from there. I am sure someone else with a Mac will chime in.

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I cant root it, there are not many good guides at there to help. I feel like the guides assume too much. I really need something that tells me exactly what to do. Anyone help? Please

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I cant root it, there are not many good guides at there to help. I feel like the guides assume too much. I really need something that tells me exactly what to do. Anyone help? Please

Ok the part you are stuck at is where it says "cd" to where you extracted that file??

I can help you tell me where you're stuck.

Another thing - you want to be running a rooted version of 4.04 or you just want the stock 4.04 experience?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
to do either really we can just flash clockworkmod recovery to the device (manually, with ADB and commands).

if you root first, you can download Rom Manager app from the market and use that app to flash recovery.

---- or in the alternative, i can get you just the radios and you don't have to root but you will have to use ADB to install them without root.

or you can use ODIN to update to 4.04 stock, but that will be the most complicated for you, i would gather.

So, let me know what you feel like doing.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
you're going to put that file, recovery.img, into the adb-fastboot folder.

then you're going to open up the terminal.

whereever the adb-fastboot folder is, you need to "open that" (cd) with terminal commands.

for example, the adb-fastboot folder is on the desktop. so:

cd desktop (press enter)

cd adb-fastboot (press enter)

Reactions: 2defmouze

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ok so the file is in the adb-fastboot folder right?

and you are in terminal - you have cd adb-fastboot so that you are in that folder right?

now, make sure you have USB DEBUGGING checked on on your device, and connect it via usb to the computer.