Working Jellybean Rom for Toro on RootzWiki

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI- Bamf also has a Jelly Bean ROM out (not officially supported and not the same as 1.3 that was released yesterday) and everything works fine. I restored my Nova Launcher backup and that works as well.

Reactions: dmmarck

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ahh .. I see how to do it now .... Thanks

Now...is it safe to backup and restore settings with TB or just apps and data??

Never ever ever restore system data/settings.

Most app data is usually fine. No google app data, no system data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jet300

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When the version with the "goodies" like toggles and stuff comes out and droid th3orys version will there be a new thread? I would definatly appreciate it so I don't miss it in this thread. Can't wait for axiom JB or whatever comes out with more customizable options.!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When the version with the "goodies" like toggles and stuff comes out and droid th3orys version will there be a new thread? I would definatly appreciate it so I don't miss it in this thread. Can't wait for axiom JB or whatever comes out with more customizable options.!

I will be covering AXIOM. I'm also considering making a basic Jelly Bean thread to keep things centralized. Checking 85 topics is a bit insane.

Reactions: 7stringer

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
so lets see if i get this right:

1. there are 2 versions of stock JB - vicious v1 and JB's v2.1, both based on GSM port?
2. AXIOM is working on a JB based ROM, based on the GSM nandroid port?
3. to install, you would wipe/cache/dalvik as normal, no need to wipe system separately?
4. any chance of borking the phone altogether? ie. losing all nandroids, losing /sdcard, etc?

this is SO tempting, but i have reservations, and thinking of waiting until source comes out for "official" ROMs to drop.

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I will be covering AXIOM. I'm also considering making a basic Jelly Bean thread to keep things centralized. Checking 85 topics is a bit insane.

Will axiom have goodies/swag? Or will it just be pretty much stock? What ROM will have swag?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Probably the best idea EVER, People will probably get confused with all the Jelly Bean threads popping up.

Having one post with all the known current builds would be an awesome timesaver.

Reactions: dmmarck

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, this is my first post here on android center. I have never rooted or installed a custom rom before (complete noob here, sorry). I was wondering how I can install jellybean on my phone? If you guys don't mind, could you point me in the right direction to get started? Btw, my phone is the verizon galaxy nexus running stock 4.0.4. Also, one more thing my phone is unlocked (I guess samsung unlocked it when I sent it in for repair). Thanks for any help!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
so lets see if i get this right:

1. there are 2 versions of stock JB - vicious v1 and JB's v2.1, both based on GSM port?
2. AXIOM is working on a JB based ROM, based on the GSM nandroid port?
3. to install, you would wipe/cache/dalvik as normal, no need to wipe system separately?
4. any chance of borking the phone altogether? ie. losing all nandroids, losing /sdcard, etc?

this is SO tempting, but i have reservations, and thinking of waiting until source comes out for "official" ROMs to drop.

I would say this is one of those flashes where it's a GREAT idea to wipe system in addition to wiping data and caches. If you remember or have seen earlier advice I'd given, I said AOSP based roms wipe system on flashing anyways (tho its good to do it yourself too) but here we're playing with roms built off leaks, not AOSP, so I'd wipe system for sure, and have been :)

Also no, you have no real chance of borking your phone. It's just a ROM, it doesn't mess with your radios, bootloader, or anything sensitive. Just make a backup and worst case scenario you will revert to it, or restore factory images in fastboot in an emergency and even that only takes 5 minutes, lol.

You'll be fine.. Make a backup and have some fun already :)

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I would say this is one of those flashes where it's a GREAT idea to wipe system in addition to wiping data and caches. If you remember or have seen earlier advice I'd given, I said AOSP based roms wipe system on flashing anyways (tho its good to do it yourself too) but here we're playing with roms built off leaks, not AOSP, so I'd wipe system for sure, and have been :)

Also no, you have no real chance of borking your phone. It's just a ROM, it doesn't mess with your radios, bootloader, or anything sensitive. Just make a backup and worst case scenario you will revert to it, or restore factory images in fastboot in an emergency and even that only takes 5 minutes, lol.

You'll be fine.. Make a backup and have some fun already :)

i do remember you saying that from the aokp thread. i guess im just not clear about the process - would wiping /system affect my ability to work in CWR? do i have to reboot after the system wipe?

also, i was just trying to gather a summary of where JB is as of now. likely, i will succumb tonight though ;)

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably the best idea EVER, People will probably get confused with all the Jelly Bean threads popping up.

Having one post with all the known current builds would be an awesome timesaver.

I don't think so because then the thread will get wayyyy to many comments with questions and stuff when in fact people like me want specific details for different Roms. Not details on JB Roms in general. That way people to have to look through the entire thread for the comments they want. Just my opinion. In the end it doesn't matter cause jelly bean is smooth and sexy and nothing will change that!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87