Help, stuck on boot screen

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I never thought I would have to post this so go easy on me :(

I am running stock rooted 4.04 and used rom manager to download the jellybean rom and flash into cwm, I selected do a backup and away it went. I put the phone down and 5-10 mins later I looked at it and it was on the google screen and just sat there.

When I manually go into recovery it brings me to the odin mode screen, not sure where cwm went or what do do from here.

Can someone please throw me a bone as to what to do where to read up on it.

Normally I can figure these things out on my own but I just left physical therapy and have had a couple pain killers and just cant seem to get this one

Thanks

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I would have to post this so go easy on me :(

I am running stock rooted 4.04 and used rom manager to download the jellybean rom and flash into cwm, I selected do a backup and away it went. I put the phone down and 5-10 mins later I looked at it and it was on the google screen and just sat there.

When I manually go into recovery it brings me to the odin mode screen, not sure where cwm went or what do do from here.

Can someone please throw me a bone as to what to do where to read up on it.

Normally I can figure these things out on my own but I just left physical therapy and have had a couple pain killers and just cant seem to get this one

Thanks

You selected backup from RM and not CWM directly? Hmm. And all of this happened while making a backup?

You might have lost recovery. If you can boot normally, do that, go into RM, and flash CWM again. Then go directly into CWM. I always advise against using RM. It's a good app, but it leaves a lot to chance and luck. Going directly into CWM doesn't.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I cant boot at all, it just sits on the Google screen and goes no further

I can get to the odin mode start screen but never used that mode before, can I get into CWM from the odin screen?

Thanks

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I cant boot at all, it just sits on the Google screen and goes no further

I can get to the odin mode start screen but never used that mode before, can I get into CWM from the odin screen?

Thanks

Odin is not my bag, I'm sorry. You're absolutely sure you can't boot into the bootloader manually? Power down, then hold down all volume buttons (up + down) and power? No dice?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
well, the backup folder shows but it says nothing is in it and I am not sure the last time I did a back up, worst case I am starting fresh :(

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
well, the backup folder shows but it says nothing is in it and I am not sure the last time I did a back up, worst case I am starting fresh :(

Ok don't worry, we'll be fine.

Do you have a rom + gapps (if applicable) on your phone?

Do you have a JB rom? If so, I need to know which one precisely.

Reactions: zero neck

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
well there was an older (I think older) backup that is currently running, I will update in a few when it finishes

Thanks for the help so far

Reactions: dmmarck

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
yes 4.04, brain fart

I downloaded JB V2 signed rom from RM

the back up was old so I have to fix a few things before flashing anything else

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
yes 4.04, brain fart

I downloaded JB V2 signed rom from RM

the back up was old so I have to fix a few things before flashing anything else

Ok. Well I'd flash it manually in CWM--if only because you want to make sure that everything gets wiped.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I will do that, now that I think about it I had a problem like this before using rom manager but forgot lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Also what would you recommend for a JB rom?

Oh and thank you very much for the help

Well we have 3 ports currently available--2 which have progressively edged towards custom roms (I'm on the first version of the Liquid one) and 1 which is straight up pure (as can be) Jelly Bean.

I'm currently waiting for a dev to drop his rom, and I will personally be flashing that.

I suggest going through their threads and seeing what sounds good to you. I'm on the Liquid one and it's been fantastic. The only difference between mine and yours would be the fact that the new version has all the fixes baked in :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress