Super frustrated custom Roms making mic issue worse

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So basically using any custom rom aokp, jelly bean, even after reflashing the latest radios I get the mic messing up on calls. What happens for me is the the call will start breaking up really bad and the only way to fix it is hang up and call back, happens to me or the other person. Seems worse when I'm talking to Verizon person.

On stock this only happens maybe twice a month or so but on custom Roms its every time I make a call at any random point in the phone call.

So why would the issue be worse on custom Roms? This is driving me crazy because going back to stock will suck. Should I do anything else to make the radios work better? Thanks for anyone that has any advice. I know about the other mic threads but I feel mine is a little different. Verizon and Samsung seem to know nothing. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If your having issue on both you seek. Out a replacement from Verizon i don't know why a from would make it worse. But rom or no rom it shouldn't be doing that.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If roms are making it worse I presume this is not a software "issue" but a hardware issue. I've never had this issue and I've run plenty of roms. I suggest taking it back to stock, taking it to the VZW store, and trying to get a replacement device.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've never used my phone stock and I have never had that problem. It's always crystal clear, no matter the ROM or the network of the person I'm talking to.

I'd go back to stock and start the support process with VZW. Chances are that's got nothing to do with software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95