Suddenly will not boot?

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been running vicious JellyBean for the past 2 days now with no problems. However I turned off my phone just now to show someone something and now I cannot get it to boot back up. I have tried to do a restore through the recovery (as it will boot into recovery), but otherwise it just stays on the Google screen. I will be trying to wipe the phone right now, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been running vicious JellyBean for the past 2 days now with no problems. However I turned off my phone just now to show someone something and now I cannot get it to boot back up. I have tried to do a restore through the recovery (as it will boot into recovery), but otherwise it just stays on the Google screen. I will be trying to wipe the phone right now, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

Its because of the JellyBean bootloader. Your phone will load using the ICS bootloader but it will take a very very long time, upwards of 8 minutes. If you flash the JB bootloader the first 1 or 2 boots will take a while but then it should be back to normal. Depending on the ROM you flash.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How exactly do I flash the JB bootloader? Or rather....do I just flash the bootloader? or do I have to flash a stock ROM first. Last, where would I download whatever it is I need to download?

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
How exactly do I flash the JB bootloader? Or rather....do I just flash the bootloader? or do I have to flash a stock ROM first. Last, where would I download whatever it is I need to download?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...steel-droid-7-24-2012-its-jellybean-time.html

Scroll down a bit in the thread you'll find Verizon jb bootloader. Boot into recovery and flash it. I don't think there is any wiping of anything!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87