Backup/Restore

polefighter

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi forum, I have a 2 part question. I am currently using CWR and want to switch to TWRP.

1. Can I restore my backups I did with CWR if I switched?

2. Is there a guide that shows if you have 1 recovery installed and want to switch to the other?

I have read that you don't want both installed and you can install thru GooManager, not sure if that will erase previous recovery.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Quick of it is no your backup usually won't restore from recovery to recovery. Just flash the can image, restore your backup, change back to whatever recovery you want now, and then redo the backup. That's the easier way to salvage your backup.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on what was said above. I think once you try out TWRP recovery you will forget all about CWM.

In any case make sure you do save a good working backup on CWM before you switch over to TWRP. Just incase you don't like what it offers and you flash your recovery back to CWM you can restore your old working CWM backup. The little amount of space it takes up is well worth saving until your satisfied on which recovery your going to stick with.

Reactions: dostie1