After Busting My Root and Rom Cherry...

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Which I can't believe took so long, seeing that I have had the phone since launch day...

I just have a couple of questions:

If I want to install a Kernel: Do I do so after installing the Rom?

I am currently running JellyBro, but what is the consensus best Rom in your opinions?

Can't think of anything else quite yet, but any input would be greatly appreciated

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Which I can't believe took so long, seeing that I have had the phone since launch day...

I just have a couple of questions:

If I want to install a Kernel: Do I do so after installing the Rom?

I am currently running JellyBro, but what is the consensus best Rom in your opinions?

Can't think of anything else quite yet, but any input would be greatly appreciated

Congrats and wow you took a while to see how truly awesome this phone is ;).

If you are going to flash a Kernel, you want to do this after you flash the ROM and after the phone boots up for the first time. If you want you can let Google restore do its thing and then flash the new kernel. With CM10 I would highly recommend Trinity. Awesome kernel for CM10 or any other ROM for that matter. You can download the toolbox on the PlayStore for the donate version, or you download the kernels directly from his site. The app will let you tinker with more settings and worth every penny.

I am assuming that you are running CM10 JellyBro? If so then you are running one of the better ROMs available from JB source. Once more and more features become available and the ROMs come close the feature list of the ICS counterparts it will come down between AOKP and CM10. I am bouncing back and forth between CM10 JellyBro and AOKP, loving both so its going to be hard to decide. Flash both, play with both and see which you prefer.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Winner00's CM10 Kang is good too. I went back and forth a couple times between AOKP and euroskank CM10. Been sticking with euroskank lately so I can flash the grouper and toro builds at the same time... and so I don't have to wipe data.

Trinity is good, as said, and Franco's are good too. Heck, even the stock kernel is pretty damn good on jb. I'll be going back to Franco here shortly... still on stock kernel since flashing the 7/26 builds. Only reason I choose Franco over Trinity's is because I hate the colors in Trinity's. I just don't feel like going in and changing them every time, lol
#lazy

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
kinda gross thread title man! haha

i agree with all the above. when it comes to kernels, actually it seems like any respectable dev's kernel might work great for your phone - they can be somewhat device specific in a sense. some phones work great with one, some with another. some phones can handle certain settings, others cant. there's a reason for it that has to do with how the processors are made but we can talk about that another time :)

as for the roms, euroskank and aokp are flooring it right now. those are a good place to start.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AOKP and love it, with stock kernel. As oxymoron said, it's pretty damn good. But I say try all of the latest stuff, it's pretty easy and straight forward once you've done it a couple times, and that's part of the fun!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Jellybro is way better in my opinion than Jelly Belly...I just recently switched to this and am super impressed

JellyBro is a CM10 build and I have been bouncing back and forth between that and AOKP Jelly Bean. Jelly Belly was good before source was released, now that source is out there are better ROMs out there. Jelly Belly is good, but CM10 and AOKP are top quality right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87