Issues & Questions on my phone that's running Vicious Toro JB

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I got in eBay about a month ago a VZ Galaxy Nexus that had been rooted and has loaded on it Vicious toro jelly bean. Phone generally I've enjoyed but have had some issues And questions I've discussed on a couple other forum threads and it was suggested I post them here were there may be more rooting experts on hand to answer questions. This was my first ever android phone so up till now I had zero knowledge of custom ROMs and rootinget alone android in general. I'll copy and paste some of my postings from the other threads here and if anyone can offer any comments, help etc. It would be appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
ISyncr for Mac. Ok downloaded this over the weekend, worked fine syncing my Itunes music off the Mac laptop. Tonight got notification of an update for this. It downloads the update, goes to install but then comes up with the Error.... Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card. Try it twice, same error, rebooting the phone and tried a third time, same error. Anyone with clues what's going on having maybe seen this?

I've sent an email to JRT Studio to inquire with them about the problem.

This was the first of my problem. BTW.. the developer never came up with an answer.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So far yes I'm enjoying my Nexus and android. I've run into a couple issues that may be associated with the custom Jelly Bean on the phone. That same Error..Couldn't Install on USB storage or SD Card that I'm getting trying to update iSyncr, well I ran into it again today with another app. I downloaded Android Pro Widgets and that install fine with no problem. I set up three different widgets with no problem and they appear to be working fine. Well then I wanted to get the License Key so I could use a different Theme and when It went to install the License Key i got that same Error....Couldn't install on USB storage or SD Card! I've installed a good number of other updates to other apps including some to 2 or 3 apps I've installed on the phone, so not sure what the issue. I wrote to the gentleman that I bought the phone from who'd installed the Toro Jelly Bean to see if he has any ideas. He was helpful with my questions when looking at the phone to buy it, so maybe he can shed some light on the problem.

Another posting I made with a little more detail of the updating app problem.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread about my trouble updating some apps in the general help forum. Here's the link to take you to it and please see my questions and were I've gotten thus far with the phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2112030

After loading the new Vicious ROM (go to my link above that details things), I tried downloading iSyncr for Mac and this time it loaded and I did not get that error I've mentioned in the earlier posts. Did the next ROM flashed fix that problem? In that one case it did. We'll see how things progress.

Any help with my questions about data and doing the backups would be appreciated.