Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Global Posts
    6,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

Yeah the worst part about Android SDK is getting it all setup(along with the drivers ),but once its done ,,,,its done .It took me 30 minutes to set it all up ,and about 5 minutes of using command prompt ,
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    yeah the worst part about sdk is getting it all setup(along with the drivers ),but once its done its done .it took me 30 minutes to set it all up ,and about 5 minutes of using command prompt ,
    exactly my situation!!!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

I'm working on getting you a new working link for super boot.. should have it posted in a little bit.

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

what is the best way to unlock the bootloader and then install a custom ROM immedaitely? its been so long that i unlocked my phone and installed clockworkmod, I forgot what the steps were when I installed a ROM on my friend's stock Nexus. I ran into a few hiccups, but wanted to find out the most efficient way. Here's what I did.
    1. unlock bootloader.
    2. booted up phone, logged in with google account.
    3. installed rom manager, installed clockworkmod.
    4. installed root explorer and deleted the "recovery-from.boot.p" file cause i know i will restart a lot to install the ROM, Kernal, and new radio update.

anyhow, after i unlocked the bootloader, i thought there was a direct way to install the ROM immediately. I thought i was able to push clockworkmod using some ADB commands in the past, but couldn't figure it out, so then i did it the long way above! anyone know of a more streamlined method?
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trmoney24 View Post
    what is the best way to unlock the bootloader and then install a custom ROM immedaitely? its been so long that i unlocked my phone and installed clockworkmod, I forgot what the steps were when I installed a ROM on my friend's stock Nexus. I ran into a few hiccups, but wanted to find out the most efficient way. Here's what I did.
    1. unlock bootloader.
    2. booted up phone, logged in with google account.
    3. installed rom manager, installed clockworkmod.
    4. installed root explorer and deleted the "recovery-from.boot.p" file cause i know i will restart a lot to install the ROM, Kernal, and new radio update.

anyhow, after i unlocked the bootloader, i thought there was a direct way to install the ROM immediately. I thought i was able to push clockworkmod using some ADB commands in the past, but couldn't figure it out, so then i did it the long way above! anyone know of a more streamlined method?
    I would do it the same way you did. Don't try squeezing too many things in at once. The phone needs to reboot and time to settle in between flashes. You would also want to fully reboot after unlocking and rooting to make sure everything is working correctly before moving on to making a nandroid backup of the stock ROM. Once everything is working smoothly... then start flashing custom ROMs.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

thanks cyber! i figured you would know what the best steps are.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trmoney24 View Post
    thanks cyber! i figured you would know what the best steps are.
    No problem... it is possible the way you mentioned but I would boot up the phone first to make sure everything was working.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rgray331975 View Post
    Link for super boot not working. Anybody want to send it to me via db

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Here you go... new link for the superboot.. I'll update the OP with the new link in a little bit but for now..
    Here:
    Thanked by:

Thanks buddy finally got drivers to work on his PC. Time to root

Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

[NOTE]OP updated with new working link for superboot[/NOTE]
    Thanked by:

Fyi found out my USB was 3.0 went to 2.0 and had no prob

Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rgray View Post
    Fyi found out my USB was 3.0 went to 2.0 and had no prob

Okay.. thanks for the info. Yea, I've read about a few people who did that and had success with it. I'll add it to the Troubleshooting section of the guide. Thanks.

I've tried four times on MAC and each time it refuses to restart from the unlocked google screen. Terminals tells of root success using the ./fastboot boot boot.superboot.img command but ZERO luck finishing after that. Will try on PC later.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Just unlocked/rooted...everything seemed to go successfully. It's now restoring my apps from market, but everything is downloading extremely slowly. Browser seems to work fine. Could I have messed something up?

Edit: Finally got through the first app it was downloading (Where's My Water...btw, badass game) and now it seems to be going more quickly. WMW? was a wifi only DL...I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edit 2: And now it's going slow again. When I did the unlock/root, I didn't have the driver file downloaded all the way (although when it did download I opened it and it said drivers were already installed or something similar) - could this be a cause? Or if the correct Samsung drivers had not been present, would the whole process have failed entirely?

Sorry about the questions....first time rooter.
    Last edited by ManBearPig618; 01-31-2012 at 07:24 PM.

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

just unlocked the bootloader and rooted my G-Nex thanks to this awesome step by step guide. Great Work. Thank You now looking forward to some great roms to try out.

Unlocked fine, however when I go to click install-superboot-windows, a command prompt opens, and says downloading boot.img... and just hangs there.

I also see a blue prompt at the bottom of the phone "fastboot status - download 00467800"

something going wrong?

**edit: I seem to have corrected it... just scrolled and hit restart bootloader, then double-clicked install-superboot-windows again, and boom... Google unlock screen, we'll see where it goes...

edit#2: All is fine, unlocked, rooted, nandroid made... now what to choose..
    Last edited by Castor_troyy; 02-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.

ROM
    Stock+

Sorry if this has been covered already, but i have an issue with superuser permissions. I followed these instructions to the letter, but when an app tries to ask for superuser permissions, nothing happens, and the app assumes it is getting denied. Suggestions?

Bought it yesterday; rooted/unlocked today

Gotta love that Android community.

OMG... I was freaking out, I followed this guide to root my Verizon Galaxy Nexus & it was sooo easy I recommend this to any one who isnt very computer literate. I followed it word for word & had success. Yay finally rooted. Thank you so much.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7

I just listened to last night's podcast. Someone emailed a question about unlocking the bootloader. The general consensus of the guys was to "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!!". My question is, why unlock the bootloader if you are not gonna root? What is the benefit?

Guys!!!

Need help! I have been on this for 3 days already lol. I have tried everything but I still got WAITING FOR DEVICE message when I put a command prompt in!

Deleted
    Last edited by eric3316; 02-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaEXfactoR View Post
    I just listened to last night's podcast. Someone emailed a question about unlocking the bootloader. The general consensus of the guys was to "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!!". My question is, why unlock the bootloader if you are not gonna root? What is the benefit?
    because when you find out how awesome this phone is.. and end up wanting to root it.. then you wouldn't have lost all of your pictures and media that's on your phone by unlocking the bootloader later on down the road..

Thanks, this guide was super helpful

how come my hotspot still wants me to subscribe ?? i thought you get it free when you root the phone...
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast