Who is from NJ and has a rooted Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am in Central Jersey and am unlocked/rooted...

Cool. Iv'e been trying to root this damn thing on my Mac for a while now to know avail. I've followed the instructions online and still no luck. The unlocking part was easy but the rooting part won't work. All I'm trying to do is get 4.0.4 on there. I'm willing to pay for help if thats cool?

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Utilize a tool to root. I found this to be the easiest. The only part that is somewhat challenging is getting your computer to recognize the phone, but it's like any other device you attach to your computer - you just need the drivers. Check out this link - it has the tool to root, etc. and all the instructions, links, etc. to get the drivers you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1400871

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. Once you have rooted, you can download the link to 4.04 and put it on your phone, however, just my own suggestion, look into doing the AOKP (Team Kang) roms - they have 4.04 and a ton of really cool functionality that is missing in any of the stock roms.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25590-build-36-change-log/

If you don't understand the terms, etc., just google them - it took me an hour or so to read enough to understand what to do. Now I am romming with the best of them!

Good luck and PM me if you need any further help! OH and BTW - the "super user" thing is what you get when you root the phone - rooting is just allowing you to have "super user" (admin) access to your phone...

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Utilize a tool to root. I found this to be the easiest. The only part that is somewhat challenging is getting your computer to recognize the phone, but it's like any other device you attach to your computer - you just need the drivers. Check out this link - it has the tool to root, etc. and all the instructions, links, etc. to get the drivers you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1400871

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. Once you have rooted, you can download the link to 4.04 and put it on your phone, however, just my own suggestion, look into doing the AOKP (Team Kang) roms - they have 4.04 and a ton of really cool functionality that is missing in any of the stock roms.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25590-build-36-change-log/

If you don't understand the terms, etc., just google them - it took me an hour or so to read enough to understand what to do. Now I am romming with the best of them!

Good luck and PM me if you need any further help! OH and BTW - the "super user" thing is what you get when you root the phone - rooting is just allowing you to have "super user" (admin) access to your phone...

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. The links don't work though that you gave me. Iv'e rooted an OG Droid before so I know what super user is. This phone just keeps giving me a head ache though.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Remember how you unlocked the bootloader? download a custom recovery of your choice (I like both offerings of TWRP 2.0 and CWM touch). Place that .img file in your platform-tools folder of the sdk, or whatever folder you have adb and fastboot located in. Download a ROM you want to try (one thats rooted if you want) and place it in your sdcard folder on your phone. On your mac:
Code:
cd android-sdk-mac_x86/platform-tools
or cd to your folder with the files... you can type cd and then drag and drop (there is a space between cd and your file location)
then:
if you want to make a custom recovery permanent:
Code:
./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

or if you just want to temporarily boot into it (this will always work and is what I do so I can get factory unrooted leaks)
Code:
./fastboot boot recovery.img

note: recovery.img what I name it, you can name it whatever, but you must put the exact file name (case-sensitive).

Then from recovery, make a nandroid backup
then wipe
then flash your rom of choice
then custom restore data
PROFIT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non