4.0.4 Radios

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently tried flashing the 4.0.4 radios, but still am having disconnect /drop issues. If needed, I can take a screen shot of my system and software/baseband versions, but does anyone have suggestions? I am disappointed at the apparent lack of improvement I have gotten from upgrading from the 4.0.2 radios to the 4.0.4 radios. For those wondering, I am using AOKP M5 and Franco. Kernel nightly r162.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by the disconnect or drop issue- there are two separate things going on I believe.

One is just not great signal strength, especially when switching between 4g and anything else. It takes forever to switch, and leaves you offline for 30 seconds at a time. The radios fix this (or at least mitigate it).

If you are experiencing the outbound audio drop out, which you might also call mic dropout on your end (your caller cannot hear anything except some clicking, but you hear things fine), that is NOT resolved by the radios. If you have this problem, you are for the moment, screwed. VZ has said that a software update will resolve this, but has said that since Feb. My wife's phone started doing this, so I swapped her to mine which does not have it. I don't talk on the phone much, so I can be patient and wait (read hope) for a fix to manifest eventually.

If this is just a signal strength issue, make sure you are not comparing to a non-ICS device as they do not measure it the same way.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks! Will give them a shot later today!

We have them here to in Zero Neck's radio update thread (should be on this front page of this forum). Check out the top link, it's a package that will automatically install the brand new radios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38