.zip transfer help!

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok So i downloaded the new BB rom and have it saved as a zip file. But when i try to move it to the root of the storage on my Gnex it my pc says that either the phone has stopped responding or it has been disconnected. I have tried usb debugging, mtp, restarting the phone and computer. Nothing. Is there any other way to transfer the rom to the phone so i can flash?

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok So i downloaded the new BB rom and have it saved as a zip file. But when i try to move it to the root of the storage on my Gnex it my pc says that either the phone has stopped responding or it has been disconnected. I have tried usb debugging, mtp, restarting the phone and computer. Nothing. Is there any other way to transfer the rom to the phone so i can flash?

I usually just download ROM'S from my phone then reboot into recovery and install. Of course I like to live on the edge like that. And also I'm at work most of the day with no computer within miles and I grow impatient with new ROM'S coming out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
for some odd reason... I get that too... as far as I can troubleshoot... it's the USB cable... I have this really long cable from an old-old phone...

The cable works, but it can fail almost anytime during the connection... make sure to use the Gnex cable, or better yet the short N7 one...

GL

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on 2 different PCs. I put any rom and gapps into a folder named for the rom I am doing, i.e AOKP, CM, Liquid, etc.. .

I was only able to put files into root before I did my first clean install of a ICS rom, after that nada. doesn't matter where I put file(s) just as long as I know where it is.

Also non stock USB cables, 1 is my old BB cord and 1 is something I picked up at a local store.