Installing Franco Kernel

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I just installed the latest Franco Kernel R366 on my VZW Galaxy Nexus running AOKP Build 5 Android 2.2. I am planning on donating to the Dev by downloading his updater app in the play store. However I want to try out the kernel first and see if my battery life improves.

I don't see any particular icon or settings page related to the app so I assume I still control all performance tweaks thru the AOKP performance page in the settings?

Do I even need to really adjust anything or should I see better performance by just installing the kernel and not messing with any settings?

The only change I believe has happened since installing the kernel 30 minutes ago is the auto brightness is noticeably dimmer than the stock AOKP settings, unless that's in my imagination. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any other obvious changes.

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's tough to answer your question. You may want to run Franco's stock settings for a few days to see how your phone responds. There are a lot of tweaks I find worthwhile. I recommend taking a look at the Franco Kernel thread on XDA (the one in the general gnex development forum, not vzw. There are a few people there testing different values for the io schedulers that will eventually get incorporated into a future kernel release. You'll also find recommendations on frequency settings (which I wouldn't mess with unless you really read up on that). Look for posts by Osm0sis, Malaroth, Gingerbread Man, and Yellowdie. There are others, but they are the Franco Kernel kings in my book. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. So essentially by installing the kernel I am running his stock settings. I don't need to make any adjustments myself manually?

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So essentially by installing the kernel I am running his stock settings. I don't need to make any adjustments myself manually?

If you do nothing, you're running it the way Francisco thought it would be best at the time he released 366.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89