Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Where did you hear that one?

Remember this time last year we though Motorola was making a nexus 2 with a full slide out keyboard. That wasn't true.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Saw it on BGR report and other sites either confirmed it or heard it from other sources.

Last year when Moto was supposed to making a Nexus 2 with a slide out keyboard, I got the impression that co-CEO Sanjay (at that time) was going to make a super phone but not the next Nexus phone.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm leaving the S2 train and jumping on this one. Hate the thought of having to stick with my Storm a few months longer, but this is basically an improved S2. I do hope that they night bump the camera specs some.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
I'm just hoping for Verizon LTE and a very solid metal body. Samsung has great internals, but the plastic ruins it for me. That and I want it to kick the SGS2 out of the water.

Korama12

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope they're going to be able to fit that 4.6" screen into the body of a 4.3" phone (by eliminating the buttons like huskerkate suggests?). I'm loving everything about this phone but anything beyond the size of a 4.3" inch phone is just ridiculous in my opinion (and even 4.3" is pushing it).

droid1294

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope they're going to be able to fit that 4.6" screen into the body of a 4.3" phone (by eliminating the buttons like huskerkate suggests?). I'm loving everything about this phone but anything beyond the size of a 4.3" inch phone is just ridiculous in my opinion (and even 4.3" is pushing it).

i think it will be fine. google doesn't want the buttons eliminating screen size. so basically this 4.6 screen is really a 4.3 screen.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
for the most part. Sucks you don't have unlimited smartphone data on that enV Touch. I pour out a bottle of old E for you tonight.

I was half thinking of getting a Thunderbolt before July 7th. But my reasoning for not getting it is that I wouldn't use data for most of the time, as I have WiFi every where I go. I would rather have a really sick phone with somewhat limited data instead of the Thunderbolt.

Maybe I'll be able to talk Verizon into giving me data... My plan does say I have unlimited data...

I hate to have to wait until October, but man, the Bionic is starting to look like a dud.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Saw it on BGR report and other sites either confirmed it or heard it from other sources.

Last year when Moto was supposed to making a Nexus 2 with a slide out keyboard, I got the impression that co-CEO Sanjay (at that time) was going to make a super phone but not the next Nexus phone.

Lmao@ BGR

bentor1996

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh man...I know I can't wait until this comes out, meaning I'll probably get the GSII or Bionic. But hell, if this does indeed hit Verizon, I'll sell whatever I've got to buy this puppy off-contract.

Here's hoping you're right, Phil. You seem pretty darn confident taking the "unconfirmed" off the thread title. Only question is, when?
Dude you can't wait for the prime that will be here in like 5 months? You have a droid charge aka. the best phone on verizon at the time. Just Saying

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Nexus Prime [unconfirmed]

If Big Red really has gotten on the ball and picked up the Nexus phones I will seriously be one happy panda. And I was still hoping for HTC, but I can live with Samsung. :D

HTC/Samsung?!

Motorola's "Nexus" style phone, the Google Experience phone.. the Droid 1, was like the most popular Android phone of the forever!

It should be a Motorola phone, unlocked/unencrypted all like the Droid 1 but with updated Nexus style specs.. oh man..

HTC and Samsung have a habit of making plastic, cheap feeling phones.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to regret stumbling upon this thread. The very notion of the Nexus Prime's existence is throwing a serious monkey wrench into my plans. This is going to drive me nuts. Between this and the Bionic I think my head is going to explode.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to regret stumbling upon this thread. The very notion of the Nexus Prime's existence is throwing a serious monkey wrench into my plans. This is going to drive me nuts. Between this and the Bionic I think my head is going to explode.

Ha! I'm sure a lot of us are going to feel the same. I even told one of my friends that me going on boards results in me never getting a phone. I was completely set on the G2 until I saw this bit of news and an expected October launch. It is on the edge of my willing wait time. If this was being talked about as a beginning of 2012 release then I wouldn't wait, but an August release for the S2 means I wouldn't be waiting much longer for the Prime. Already been sitting on my upgrade for over a year, might as well wait a few more months. Prime has greater potential to last longer since a vanilla OS means I shouldn't have to worry about receiving updates for quite some time.

Reactions: trailblazen

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I'm sure a lot of us are going to feel the same. I even told one of my friends that me going on boards results in me never getting a phone. I was completely set on the G2 until I saw this bit of news and an expected October launch. It is on the edge of my willing wait time. If this was being talked about as a beginning of 2012 release then I wouldn't wait, but an August release for the S2 means I wouldn't be waiting much longer for the Prime. Already been sitting on my upgrade for over a year, might as well wait a few more months. Prime has greater potential to last longer since a vanilla OS means I shouldn't have to worry about receiving updates for quite some time.

Like I said earlier, what is a few more months among friends if what is coming around the corner will blow away the "latest and greatest" that "should" be releasing next month. I have been die hard bionic since I heard about it back at CES but that was how long ago they have had me strung along???? Then the delay popped up? I just think it sucks that if rumor is true for an Oct launch of Prime then I can't justify buying the bionic 2 months prior......My buddy I talk phones with told me today after I informed him of the prime that "hey you have the waiting game down already, why not wait 2 more months for october to get the better experience". I mean heck me and him have been talking about bionic for soo long and he even remembers when I told him about the delay back in march/april so he sees my frustration with this news of the new nexus. Again, what is 2 more months among friends for a pure android phone. At least the guys waiting for SGSII haven't had to wait as long but I bet this phone puts a bug in their ear too along with the Bionic camp LOLZ

Last edited:

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope verizon finally gets this and they dont stagger the release like they did with the nexus s. Get it on all the carriers at the same time google that way it will deal a real blow to iphone sales especially if the nexus does come out in oct.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm due in 3 days but i too was looking forward to the GSII .If some specs and Confurmation on Sprint getting this phone then i might be waiting too. I might just have to add a 3rd line for this phone lol ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa