T-Mobile version or Verizon exclusive?

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok tons of people here are wondering if the Galaxy Nexus will be released on T-Mobile or will Verizon have some kind of exclusive....I believe T-mobile will be getting a release along with Verizon and here is why.

The specs released today showed the following Models...Model: GT-I9250, GT-I9250T, GT-I9250M, SC-04D, SCH-I515

GT-I19250 = UK version Vodafone etc..
GT- I9250T = T-Mobile version (Samsung/Google always tend to put the first letters of the carrier at the end of the model number ex: GT-I9020T = T-Mobile version of Nexus S and GT-I9020A = AT&T Version of Nexus S)
GT-I9250M = Canadian version
And SCH-I515 = Verizon version

And again this is all speculation on my part. Thoughts???

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: May I speculate here for a sec....

Or that's exactly what the fake posters meant for you to think. :)
Let's just wait for tonight and find out.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I've posted this in a few other topics, but here is my speculation:

CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus will be released as a Verizon exclusive in the US. At the same time, an unlocked GSM/HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus will be available worldwide. ATT/Tmobile users will be able to pick this up and use it, but it will most likely not be officially offered or subsidized by ATT/TMobile.

Sprint will unfortunately have to wait for the Verizon exclusive to expire. Hopefully this lines up with Sprint's LTE deployment and the Galaxy Nexus ends up being one of the first LTE devices on Sprint.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

lol but in al seriousness, i think you may be on to something. Model numbers may be correct, but what i want to know is which specs will go to which. If VZ is getting it first, it should have the best specs.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus will be released as a Verizon exclusive in the US. At the same time, an unlocked GSM/HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus will be available worldwide. ATT/Tmobile users will be able to pick this up and use it, but it will most likely not be officially offered or subsidized by ATT/TMobile.

Sprint will unfortunately have to wait for the Verizon exclusive to expire. Hopefully this lines up with Sprint's LTE deployment and the Galaxy Nexus ends up being one of the first LTE devices on Sprint.

I sort of wish that Sprint would release in the winter. I don't want to wait another couple of months. Why can't they have the Sprint version have an LTE radio already in it, and just push out a software update to activate the LTE radio when LTE goes up instead of waiting?

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

If the SGS2 were 9 months old, I'm sure that Samsung would want the best components in there... I'm going to speculate that Samsung doesn't want a superior competitor to the Galaxy S II - especially since it was just released 6 weeks ago.

The GN is a reference design phone made to establish a baseline. With Google buying Motorola, every other manufacturer is scared. Google now has to play to them politically. The GN should be the last Nexus phone made by anyone but Google/Motorola.

-KLH

Laughing Man

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

This makes the most sense to me. It doesn't make sense to have a developer phone stuck to one carrier. Verizon probably has exclusive subsidy and advertising rights.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I sort of wish that Sprint would release in the winter. I don't want to wait another couple of months. Why can't they have the Sprint version have an LTE radio already in it, and just push out a software update to activate the LTE radio when LTE goes up instead of waiting?

I totally agree, I want to see the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint ASAP... but I just don't see it happening any time soon. I'd gladly take a Galaxy Nexus on Sprint that only works on EV-DO until LTE is live. However, I can't recall a device ever being released with a technology that wasn't yet live on the network.

Plus, from a marketing standpoint, if the Galaxy Nexus didn't have WiMax, it wouldn't make sense to the common user. They would be confused as to why the older Nexus S has 4G, but the new Galaxy Nexus doesn't.

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Nexus Galaxy Prime Will be Released on T-Mobile!

I want to point out to all of you that this phone will be released on ALL major carriers.

To support what I'm saying I want to show you this; the Verizon logo slides down the screen to the bottom of the phone and is actually part of the UI. This is because its being used by Verizon in this demo. Should it have a T-MO sim card or a AT&T it would have their logo's. Want to know how I know? Follow the link below and clock the different links showing off different pictures of the phone. Depending on what its doing it always says something different at the bottom. There is NO WRITING or branding on the face of ANY NEXUS. This is just another way to make the phone more awesome by adding things like the carriers name being integrated into the UI.

Galaxy Nexus

Also keep in mind that there is an HSPA+ version that will run off GSM like T-MO and AT&T (and majority of the European and Asian markets run off GSM) and an LTE version. Google is not going to make this phone just for Verizon and lose out on this phone being a powerhouse world-wide. This phone may first be released on Verizon just like the NX was released for T-Mobile first last year but it won't last long. I'm not worried either way, I'll but this phone when they release it for T-Mo but either way I'll get ICS because I have the Nexus S and this is the first major release and all us Nexus users get updates first.

And for the finishing touch to prove it will be coming to T-MO, please read the facts below regarding the networks. T-Mobile runs off the 1700/2100 frequencies and those are definitely included. Add that along with the fact that it states that the LTE version may differ and you get the clear picture that this phone is going to be released on GSM and CDMA.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Specifications

Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
Specifications above may differ on the LTE version.

And one more point. This is research data release testing HSPA+ against other speeds on other carriers. HSPA+ blows them away. 4G Networks Tested: WiMAX vs. HSPA+ : The Numbers (Phone Scoop)

4G isn't faster just because its a number higher than 3. HSPA+ and LTE is where its at. Don't get caught up in all the hype. Do your research!

Greatbape

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Nexus Galaxy Prime Will be Released on T-Mobile!

You understand that Wimax is not LTE. Verizon LTE is on a different level than sprint wimax. Secondly just because their is a GSM version doesn't mean that version will be released in the US. It's obvious that's the European/Asian version. Yes those versions will work on Att/tmobile in the states, but doesn't mean it will be released here.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Nexus Galaxy Prime Will be Released on T-Mobile!

There is NO WRITING or branding on the face of ANY NEXUS. This is just another way to make the phone more awesome by adding things like the carriers name being integrated into the UI.

This is a hallmark of all Nexus phones :)

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Secondly just because their is a GSM version doesn't mean that version will be released in the US. It's obvious that's the European/Asian version. Yes those versions will work on Att/tmobile in the states, but doesn't mean it will be released here.

Well you could always important one (thus paying an off-contract price) and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile...something we Sprint users look at with envy (and also homicidal hatred).

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Greatbape

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well you could always important one (this paying an off-contract price) and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile...something we Sprint users look at with envy (and also homicidal hatred).

Yeah I'm with sprint too. If this is a Verizon exclusive then I'm importing the nexus or the note on ATT. Haven't decided which one yet.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm with sprint too. If this is a Verizon exclusive then I'm importing the nexus or the note on ATT. Haven't decided which one yet.

Alas...I cannot part with my unlimited data. I have no idea what it is that I'm doing but somehow I hit 4GB a month...on 3G mind you.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Isn't LTE coming out on Sprint on 2013, not this year? So would it be a possibility they would put a Wimax chip inside their phone (although, haven't seen any FCC files that mention Wimax)? I'm guessing what's most likely may be that it has world phone capability for Sprint. And I sure hope it's that because if we just get the FCC files for a Wimax Galaxy Nexus now, then that will lead to having release months later from the date of the certificate.