Will Verizon find a way to screw this up?

Will Verizon find a way to screw up the Galaxy Nexus release?

• Total voters

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
To the person that says Verizon has no control over this phone is absolutely 100% WRONG. Yes it's a Nexus device which means Google deals with the SOFTWARE. Verizon can do WHATEVER they want. If they don't to release the device then they won't. Look at the Nexus one and the Bionic (both got canned AFTER announcing it). Though the N1 was not officially announced by Verizon, Google did in fact say they would produce a Verizon model. Now that could have been a mistake on Googles part jumping the gun but either way it was announced and there was even a sign up for it on Googles website. Now the Bionic that is out right now is not the original Bionic at all. Verizon canned that launch as we all know for whatever reason and released a completely different phone 6 months later with the same name probably due to contracts they had written up with Motorola. Now since the Nexus was officially announced by Verizon I'm sure they have contracts written up with Google/Samsung just like the Bionic. But the only difference here is that if Verizon does want to can the launch of the Nexus, there can't be another version of this phone produced like they did with the Bionic. This could go both ways for us, it could be a very good thing or a very bad thing. Hopefully by thanksgiving we will all have a Nexus in our hands thinking back to threads like this and laughing about how stupid it really was.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If this is indeed a mockup of the Verizon Nexus as covered in the News Section, you will notice there is no VZW branding whatso ever on the phone.

At the very minimum if Verizon wanted to "mess with the Nexus" there would be VZW branding on the phone (which there apparently isnt). This would be only a cosmetic issue and the underlying nature of the Nexus would still be intact. Hence Google would be throwing VZW a bone with branding only.

This picture tells me that Verizon did not mess with one single item on the phone or in the phone.

verizon_galaxy_nexus_0.jpg

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I think this thread is legitimate and genuine. If you've been reading what the only people who actually know anything have said, we only know two things for sure.
1. The device is ready and fabulous
2. The launch may be turning to crap based on carrier decisions.

While I don't think this thread will get the traction necessary to perform the task, I would love to see it get enough participation and attention that it has the effect of holding Verizon's feet to the fire.

I really wish Panda would clarify what he meant when he said this. It sucks to be left in the dark wondering what's going on about something that means so much to us. All we know is that Verizon did officially announce it therefor they have to come out with it. They never announced they would carry the N1, Google only said they would make a version. So considering they did release a press release there has to be contracts with this. Only if Verizon would f*cking give us some dates.......... This sucks the most because there really is not one other good phone on Verizon currently or coming to Verizon. Razr is awful, Rezound is okay but I'm sick of Sense UI.

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I really wish Panda would clarify what he meant when he said this. It sucks to be left in the dark wondering what's going on about something that means so much to us. All we know is that Verizon did officially announce it therefor they have to come out with it. They never announced they would carry the N1, Google only said they would make a version. So considering they did release a press release there has to be contracts with this. Only if Verizon would f*cking give us some dates.......... This sucks the most because there really is not one other good phone on Verizon currently or coming to Verizon. Razr is awful, Rezound is okay but I'm sick of Sense UI.

Aside from all of the bloat/Blur on the Razr, I don't see why it's "awful". If the Nexus wasn't coming to Verizon I would have already preordered it.

Going back on topic, I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit. It will be released at some point this month. If it's the 10th, great. If it's the 17th, what is one more week? If it's anything else, just sit tight. We'll get our awesome phone

Reactions: philly and Mooem

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't worry about. No disrespecting the Panda, he's usually on the money, more often than not. But if it was based upon fact, not speculation, he would've addressed it already. Who holds on to info. like that? Even if it wasn't done for fear of being identified or something along those lines. It's easy to skirt that issue, for a heads up on a breaking development like that. It would've been a widespread leak by now if true.

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I do agree that since no official date is set Verizon cant really screw it up, but I do feel like they will botch the release window to push the Razr and Rezound.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I would consider the lack of hype surrounding this phone already screwing up. Pushing the RAZR over the first ICS phone? I know "we" the technophiles don't count for much in their eyes, and that ICS is really an achievement for us rather than VZW, but why not throw us a bone? Don't they think that we influence our non-techie friends more than their billboards do?

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My hope is that Verizon's been so busy 'improving" the RAZR and Rezound that they ignore(and hope we do to) the Nexus. A nice,quiet release, just like they did with Xperia PLAY.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You know what would be funny? Is if Google made a branch of ICS for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus due to LTE, and put Samsung in charge of pushing updates which would put us on their schedule. Don't think this can't happen ;)

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about. No disrespecting the Panda, he's usually on the money, more often than not. But if it was based upon fact, not speculation, he would've addressed it already. Who holds on to info. like that? Even if it wasn't done for fear of being identified or something along those lines. It's easy to skirt that issue, for a heads up on a breaking development like that. It would've been a widespread leak by now if true.

Dude WTF are you talking about? Who disrespected him and said he's wrong? You clearly need bifocals or something because you are completely lost. All that was said is that I wish we knew exactly what he meant by this could be turning crappy. You are a troll........

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Dude WTF are you talking about? Who disrespected him and said he's wrong? You clearly need bifocals or something because you are completely lost. All that was said is that I wish we knew exactly what he meant by this could be turning crappy. You are a troll........

This might be a little hard for you to understand but here it goes. I said I, me, myself, alone, wasn't trying to disrespect his comment, w/ my thought on it, by not taking it as the gospel. One of us did the trolling here & it wasn't me.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
This thread both amazes me and saddens me. It's also quite hilarious to think that so any people have no faith in Verizon. I hope someone from Verizon sees this poll.

sprunka

Mar 7, 2011
about.me
You know what would be funny? Is if Google made a branch of ICS for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus due to LTE, and put Samsung in charge of pushing updates which would put us on their schedule. Don't think this can't happen ;)

Not.funny.at.all. Not in the slightest. Scary != funny....

((Ok, so then why am I giggling inside as much as dreading?))

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has announced they will carry it. For those of you who don't like Verizon, quit your in' and go to another carrier (see how well your coverage is). As for phone announcements I think everything is all speculation until there is official announcement. Right now, the only new phone officially announced is the RAZR, available for pre-order NOW, and stated as shipping No Later Than 11/10. I expect people to receive pre-orders on or before 11/10. As for the Nexus and Rezound it is Verizon's prerogative to announce, order/pre-order, and ship these phones whenever they feel is advantageous to them (not a bunch of fanboys who make less then 1% of their customer base). If they want to spread out the launches so they and their hardware partners (Motorola, HTC and Samsung) can properly market the phones that is their call. Right now, it is entirely possible that they may actually put the Rezound (HTC announcement Thursday) ahead of the Nexus. They have a signup page for Galaxy Nexus news. By the way, I DID NOT GET SPAMMED by the RAZR announcement - only one e-mail - so I'm not sure where everyone else is talking about with the SPAM reports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38