Come this Monday, anyone think we will see preorders up or dates?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
So Monday the 7th is coming. Anyone think that we will see Pre-orders go up or actual dates?

With the news that Costco is getting this device and that training material is out and about, things should start happening; and by things I mean dates should start appearing.

The only dates that I'm aware of in the rumor mill will be the 10th, which is this week on a Thursday, or 10 days from now the 17th, or even the 27th which I believe connects with that marketing/promo timeline leak we all saw.

The 10th would be awesome! However, the 17th sounds a bit more legit. 10 days till the 17th come this Monday. Could be a perfect time to throw up a preorder page.

Your thoughts?

GO!

EDIT: If I'm right and something awesome happens on Monday in the form of a date, then I win a free pizza. Deal? lol.

Last edited:

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Come this Monday, anyone think we will see preorders up or da

I got money in hand waiting. Hope something this week.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

As do I good sir. My poor OG has been sitting on my desk. DEAD. The battery is super swollen and I'm lucky if the poor thing lasts 15 minutes on a full charge.

I've had it off for about a full week now.

It is time to move on.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to say, good or bad, we'll know the release date somewhere between Monday and Thursday. A quick launch is possible for this since Verizon isn't going to be involved.

An announcement Monday about a release date of the 10th or 17th would be amazing.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

If VZW isn't formally launching it (and hopefully not in charge of advertising - I don't need to see a Nexus pulled out of a cyborg warrior), I hope they just give it to us the 10th. I know it will be the 17th, but, come on. We want it. We know they're ready!

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised to not see a pre-order. Why advertise a preorder when they want to push the Rezound and RAZR.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
They probably will joy say anything till the following week, after the Rezound and RAZR are out.

Sent from my ADR6400L

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I wouldn't get your hopes up guys. I am hearing it'll most likely be towards the end of the month, and I certainly don't get info from blogs or forums. I do think that they're TRYING to aim for the 17th though. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and it'll be out then. I can live with using my Tbolt for two more weeks but I promised my Tbolt to someone who needs it and they're hurting badly for it. I also heard that we might not hear about launch until a day or two before the actual release with no pre orders.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

One thing I will always be a little jealous of Apple users over: Announcement ---> 1 week waiting ----> Launch. No purgatory after the announcement where we are all forced to float in a sea of mystery. Damn you, Verizon/Google/Samsung.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I wouldn't get your hopes up guys. I am hearing it'll most likely be towards the end of the month, and I certainly don't get info from blogs or forums. I do think that they're TRYING to aim for the 17th though. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and it'll be out then. I can live with using my Tbolt for two more weeks but I promised my Tbolt to someone who needs it and they're hurting badly for it. I also heard that we might not hear about launch until a day or two before the actual release with no pre orders.

This is the exact scenario I'm in. I'm giving mine to my mother and she's coming to visit from Ohio during Thanksgiving. So I was expecting to get the Nexus and then giving the Thunderbolt to my mother when she's here to visit, otherwise she may have to wait until Christmas as I don't want to take the chance shipping it (even though I do still have the original box).

anon(529237)

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Hello! Ive been a Lurker/stalker here on the Android Central, and must say here that the 17th as a launch date would be perfect as ive taken the entire turkey holiday week afterwards vacated from work! My og droid has served me well rooted, and this shall be a glorious upgrade... If i wern't married id totally date a vzw sales employee just for some Nexus info for everyone here... :-*

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If i wern't married id totally date a vzw sales employee just for some Nexus info for everyone here... :-*
And I would do it for some strange.... and to share info, of course (just kidding honey, yours is the best!!).

Also, I am currently 9 deep into a 12 of Fat Tire. Don't know how any of that is related... but there it is.

#drunkenmember

*customized tapatalk signature*

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

This is the exact scenario I'm in. I'm giving mine to my mother and she's coming to visit from Ohio during Thanksgiving. So I was expecting to get the Nexus and then giving the Thunderbolt to my mother when she's here to visit, otherwise she may have to wait until Christmas as I don't want to take the chance shipping it (even though I do still have the original box).

Yeah it sucks I promised I would give my cousin my current phone. I feel bad the kid has never had a smartphone and has some P.O.S. media phone that's basically on its last breath. I know it means a lot to him and I want to get i to him as soon as possible. Good thing is that I like on the Mass. border and he's just slightly over it. Hopefully things will be smoothly and VZW will have this device out soon and we can all have a good Thanksgiving and play with our new phone! It's usually very boring for me on Holidays since I don't drink no more and have to be around a bunch of people who drink and turn into morons most of the time LOL :-$

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm starting to think that the 17th will be the golden day due to all the recent leaks. I wouldn't think it would show up in Cosco's system if it was going to be the end of the month. I seriously don't feel there will be any pre-orders for it at all. I'm leaning toward us finding out maybe a day...two tops before its launched on the 17th. I also think the advertising MAP that was leaked is more of an advertising plan intended to show what phone Verizon wants their sales team to push during certain times. For instance, it appears that they want them pimping the Razr the most and not really pushing the Galaxy Nexus until after Thanksgiving.

Ferman07

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 17th! (at the latest!) *crosses fingers*

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
A recurrent pattern for Verizon is to announce a phone release one day, start taking online orders the next day, and have it in stores the day after that. Off the top of my head, I remember that was how it went for the Droid 2 and the Fascinate last year.

It might not be the same for a Nexus phone. But I won't be at all surprised if we don't get an announcement until two days before the release, max. If the leaks prove accurate, that would mean the 15th.

Stein357

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

The 17th makes a lot of business sense for Verizon, don't know if we will see preorders though.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

A recurrent pattern for Verizon is to announce a phone release one day, start taking online orders the next day, and have it in stores the day after that. Off the top of my head, I remember that was how it went for the Droid 2 and the Fascinate last year.

It might not be the same for a Nexus phone. But I won't be at all surprised if we don't get an announcement until two days before the release, max. If the leaks prove accurate, that would mean the 15th.

Hey bxojr, if this is indeed true....would you think its better to order it online or go to the store and get it? Do you think there will be long lines at the stores?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

The 17th makes a lot of business sense for Verizon, don't know if we will see preorders though.

Probably not, unless Google/Samsung request it so. I don't think the Rezound is available for preorder, so chances for a preorder on the Galaxy Nexus are slim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa