Looks like some good news this morning....

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like he is referring to the 28th as the release date

Sent from my ADR6400L

No, he said 13 days because he was not aware of Verizon's promotional return period extension at the time of the tweet. He later tweeted after being made aware of it, "Oh! That's even better" or something to that effect. Basically, he more than likely doesn't know exactly when at this point. It's in Verizon's court now. Although, with the stock delays in the UK, I wonder if Samsung has some part in this play still despite their persistence in saying there's no delay.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Luckily the Verizon version is different so their stock issues may not translate to issues for us. I would be surprised if this phone came out this Friday, but I do think next Monday or next Friday (the 21st and 25th) are definitely possible.

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
at this point i would just be happy with a specific date....28th, dec 1st, dec 8th....doesn't matter, just something that i can look forward to

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like he is referring to the 28th as the release date

Sent from my ADR6400L

Nothing against Panda but I don't think he knows the date either. I think thru his job or connections that he is close enough to have a pretty good educated guess. Because if you read his tweets some hint early and some hint late...the fact is he doesn't know for certain yet. It doesn't take an insider to see that Verizon is holding all the GN fans hostage for as long as possible so that their Razr and/or Rezound will have the spot light. They don't want to release a date because if they do then people will hold out for that date and not buy their golden bloatware device. I'm fairly confident that it will be available in November but if they make more money on the Razr or Rezound they will probably give those phones the spotlight until after Thanksgiving weekend.....this is what I'm thinking. I'm praying that I have it before Thanksgiving though.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
It's beginning to feel like Verizon has way too much control over a Nexus device. It would be nice if Google could just realese a LTE device that worked on Verizon. I suppose support from Verizon would be nonexistent. But does it really exist anyways.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Luckily the Verizon version is different so their stock issues may not translate to issues for us. I would be surprised if this phone came out this Friday, but I do think next Monday or next Friday (the 21st and 25th) are definitely possible.

I agree. I think next week is more than likely but I wouldn't be surprised for a release on Monday, November 28th (still November :-[).

Then again Verizon could drop a press announcement today indicating a release date and pre-orders starting the 17th...ha ha how I like to kid myself.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
They don't want to release a date because if they do then people will hold out for that date and not buy their golden bloatware device.
Really? You think people who want the GN will buy something else just because they don't know the exact date? The GN is right around the corner. It would be stupid to buy something else unless it's the phone you want.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Really? You think people who want the GN will buy something else just because they don't know the exact date? The GN is right around the corner. It would be stupid to buy something else unless it's the phone you want.

I don't think people who are waiting for this phone specifically are going to jump ship but I think a lot of people who were on the fence would be more tempted.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's beginning to feel like Verizon has way too much control over a Nexus device. It would be nice if Google could just realese a LTE device that worked on Verizon. I suppose support from Verizon would be nonexistent. But does it really exist anyways.

That's how the Nexus One was released and, I had no problem with it. However, it wasn't that successful and, that may be the reason Google isn't doing that this time.

Troll. Proof or GTFO.

meh

I don't think he was trolling, just trying to be positive; which I can't fault him for.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
This is the exact reason I wish all of the phone manufacturers would go the way of Apple and tell the carriers to pound sand, and they will release the phones on their schedule and will include the specs that they want. Then send engineers over to Verizon to test the phones themselves to make sure they work with the network properly. This would be a situation where collusion would be beneficial. I'm sick of having carriers have so much control of the devices. Granted it's not as bad as the PPC days when Verizon for example, told HTC exactly how to neuter their devices and made every decision including RAM, GPS, etc. Carriers need not be anything more than a dumb pipe. That's one thing about AT&T that keeps tugging at me, is being able to buy a sim unlocked phone independent of the stupid carrier.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the same thing as some of you when you say our favorite mobile Panda isn't sure himself when VZW is releasing it. It is totally Verizon's call right now. If there are some bugs, maybe Google is shooting them an update right now and they will release it Friday or Monday and all of those Nexus' sitting in the VZW warehouses will get an update right when we unbox them.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Troll. Proof or GTFO.

meh

Hardly trolling (and I don't even know what GTFO means...Great Teeth and Forever Optimistic??). I've been wanting Verizon to get a Nexus since I bought my Droid X. I just think it's going to be in stores on Thursday. Someone earlier quoted my date and asked for proof...what a joke! There's no proof of anything at this point. It's just the date that I think we'll see it. I might be wrong, I might be right.

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hardly trolling (and I don't even know what GTFO means...Great Teeth and Forever Optimistic??). I've been wanting Verizon to get a Nexus since I bought my Droid X. I just think it's going to be in stores on Thursday. Someone earlier quoted my date and asked for proof...what a joke! There's no proof of anything at this point. It's just the date that I think we'll see it. I might be wrong, I might be right.

It means *get the eff out*. Figure of speech. I'm just tired of people popping in these forums saying "it will be released (insert date) this day with absolutely nothing to confirm what they are saying. Nothing against you.

meh