Does Verizon open earlier on release days?

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, but I was just wondering if Verizon will be opening earlier on the day the Galaxy Nexus releases. I bought OG Droid from my local store at 7:30 am (they normally open at 10 am) and was just wondering if they'd do this again. Thanks

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, but I was just wondering if Verizon will be opening earlier on the day the Galaxy Nexus releases. I bought OG Droid from my local store at 7:30 am (they normally open at 10 am) and was just wondering if they'd do this again. Thanks

I don't think so. The store where I got my Thunderbolt normally opens at 9 and it still opened at 9 on launch day.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks. I called yesterday to ask "in general, do you open early when phones get released?" and the associate said "it depends." I didn't want to harass her about the Nexus so I didn't inquire further. I'm pretty busy from 9 am until later in the day Friday so I guess I'll just hope it doesn't sell out.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that it is business as usual for them - no early opening. It is just another phone (blasphemy?) to them, not like the launch of Playstation 4 or the likes.

SchroederNexus

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Not unless it's a major launch - which this isn't ... luckily it's holiday time and some stores have earlier hours ... the only stores by me open at 9 or 10 (unless it's in a BJ's)

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

The store won't open early that date. It's actually a very low key release.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The last time I can remember Verizon opening early for something other than an iPhone (I don't even remember if they opened early for iPhones) was the BlackBery Storm 9530. After that phone turned out to be a fiasco, I don't think they did it ever again.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
No they won't be opening early.

There won't be a problem getting one once everyone on these forums has one... no one else knows about it.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The last time I can remember Verizon opening early for something other than an iPhone (I don't even remember if they opened early for iPhones) was the BlackBery Storm 9530. After that phone turned out to be a fiasco, I don't think they did it ever again.

I remember that day. The store I was in at the time had 75 in stock, we opened at 6am and they were gone by 11am

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa