Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! someone convince me why the Nexus is better again!

I just saw the demo for the nexus at the local store. They let me do side my side with the razor. What was very surprising was that the razor had a much more vibrant screen and did not seem as pixalated, we ran netflix on both side by side and the razor was much sharper and more vibrant. Also, even with the buttons at the bottom minimized for the movie on the nexus, the nexus still had the same sized usable screen as the razor. When the bottom bar minimizes, it only disappears half way. I thought the nexus was supposed to have a much better screen.

Default Re: Help! some one convinve me why the nexus is better again!

Your eyes must be very broken..

Agreed. You cannot honestly say that a screen with more pixels is pixelated more than a screen with less pixels............ what's your definition of pixelated?

The GN does not supposedly have a better screen (compared to the new Moto Razr), it factually has a better screen.
    Thanked by:
    rdearth53 and Premium1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriq View Post
    Your eyes must be very broken..
    lol agreed the screen on my Samsung omnia 2 had better looking colors than the razor

Keep the RAZR. Enjoy.
    Thanked by:
    quikric and Dostovel like this.

I really want to see the Nexus screen compare to the Rezound.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

If you think the RAZR screen is better...keep the RAZR. You shouldn't need to be convinced that the Nexus is better.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Rooted odexed 4.0.2

If you need convincing (and this isn't particularly screen oriented) just look at all the delays, Verizon is afraid to put a phone with this much power on their network

Global Posts
    2,630 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by mjhubbard View Post
    I just saw the demo for the nexus at the local store. They let me do side my side with the razor. What was very surprising was that the razor had a much more vibrant screen and did not seem as pixalated, we ran netflix on both side by side and the razor was much sharper and more vibrant. Also, even with the buttons at the bottom minimized for the movie on the nexus, the nexus still had the same sized usable screen as the razor. When the bottom bar minimizes, it only disappears half way. I thought the nexus was supposed to have a much better screen.
    Why convince you of anything. It seems that you made up your mind long ago on this one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    I really want to see the Nexus screen compare to the Rezound.
    It is a beautiful comparison. The Rezound has a better PPI ratio than the Nexus, but it boils down to liking the 720p LCD display of the Rezound vs. the Super AMOLED+ display of the Nexus. If you are choosing between those phones based on display, you can't really pick a bad one.

Engadget does a comparison of the displays on their review of the HTC Rezound. They show the Rezound has the superior screen.

If the Rezound didn't have so much bloat on it, I would have jumped off this Nexus carousel in favor of it. I'm holding out for a bloat-free phone though.
    Thanked by 3:
    quikric likes this.

If your happy with the razr then your in luck because verizon has plenty of them in stock and you don't have to read all the nexus nonsense. I was hoping the bionic did this for me but unfortunately it made me want a nexus more lol
    NewAge likes this.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    It is a beautiful comparison. The Rezound has a better PPI ratio than the Nexus, but it boils down to liking the 720p LCD display of the Rezound vs. the Super AMOLED+ display of the Nexus. If you are choosing between those phones based on display, you can't really pick a bad one.

Engadget does a comparison of the displays on their review of the HTC Rezound. They show the Rezound has the superior screen.

If the Rezound didn't have so much bloat on it, I would have jumped off this Nexus carousel in favor of it. I'm holding out for a bloat-free phone though.
    Yeah...two beautiful HD screens - one AMOLED, one LCD. The Nexus will be brighter, more vibrant (or over saturated, if you're not into it) and the Rezound will render more realistic colors (or be dimmer and less vibrant)
    Z Fury likes this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android 1.4.0

Here is another comparison of screens, this one including the RAZR.

Yea that's my only issue with the Rezound. No root as of now And I'm worried the devs are all going to jump off the Rezound bandwagon and onto the Nexus train. I am in love with the Rezound though, especially the screen.
    Z Fury likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Yea that's my only issue with the Rezound. No root as of now And I'm worried the devs are all going to jump off the Rezound bandwagon and onto the Nexus train. I am in love with the Rezound though, especially the screen.
    Agreed. My girlfriend wants to murder me at this point. I've switched from wanting the Nexus to wanting the Rezound, and back, at least 12 times in the past week.

I think if I would have been paying closer attention and picked it up during Black Friday when Amazon.com basically had it for free... The Nexus is going to be the best Android phone with the Rezound right behind it, but if I can buy #2 for basically $300 less...

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

A snippet from someone at reddit.

I'd say the Rezounds Snapdragon S3 is even more mediocre then the Omap 4460 as it doesn't have Neon SIMD, Based on Cortex A8 (all other dual core ARM cpu's are based on Cortex A9) and doesn't have a IV3 Media chip to offload HD content. Also lets not forget the [sound problems](HTC Rezound headphone sound problems? HTC says they're not widespread | The Verge) with the Rezound. If anything the Rezound is badly lacking.
    icky_boo comments on Galaxy Nexus doesn't support USB Mass Storage, has crappy camera, build quality subpar, processor mediocre for todays phones - shouldn't I get a HTC Rezound instead?

I've switched from wanting the Nexus to wanting the Rezound, and back, at least 12 times in the past week....
    This.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    orlanka and Z Fury like this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I don't have a razor. Battery issue kills the razor for me. But I just could not believe that next to eachother playing the same movie, the razor was smother and more vibrant. I was hoping for an explanation of why this might be.

Would the Verizon guys have screwed with the settings to try and make the razor look better? Are they that devious and desperate to sell something that minute since obviously I was not going to buy a nexus right then?

I don't have a razor. Battery issue kills the razor for me. But I just could not believe that next to eachother playing the same movie, the razor was smother and more vibrant. I was hoping for an explanation of why this might be.

Would the Verizon guys have screwed with the settings to try and make the razor look better? Are they that devious and desperate to sell something that minute since obviously I was not going to buy a nexus right then?
    It isn't worth speculating as to why the RAZR would look better when you checked them out. Some people favor the AMOLED displays to the true LCD display of the Rezound, even though the PPI is far better on the Rezound. Maybe the brightness settings were off on the Rezound...? Maybe that demo unit had seen better days...? Too hard to tell. It is a fact that the Rezound has a better display hardware-wise than the RAZR.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I was comparing a razor to a nexus not a resound. The brand new nexus seemed to have less resolution to the naked eye. It was weird.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Default Re: Help! some one convine me why the nexus is better again!

I got a great idea for this thread! Convince us we need the RAZR and we can all meet in the middle and get iPhones!!

Oh wait both of those ideas suck....
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

If you need someone to convince you then you should stick with the Razr. You'll be sorry when Jellybean comes out and your just getting ICS. But i'm sure you'll be happy til then.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

This phone basically has three things going for it that no other phone (other than the GSM Nexus) has:

1. It's the first device to officially have ICS
    2. It's a Nexus device and the reference device for ICS so it will get updates first and faster, Will also be among the first to get Jellybean (Android 4.1 or whatever it ends up being numbered)
    3. All reports show zero shutter lag on the camera

Other than these three things it is a nice device but nothing to write home about,

As for your description of the screen, everyone's perceptions are different. Both phones use variations of Pentile displays but on paper this one is better, but a lot can be said for perception.

It's your choice, no one is forcing you to trade your RAZR in for this. There seems to be an elitist attitude running through this forum (and Andrew's reviews) that people who actually choose something else must be crazy, but I say choose what you want and go with it without shame. The RAZR will be among the firs handful of device to get ICS early next year.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by belniente View Post
    Here is another comparison of screens, this one including the RAZR.
    Having seen neither in person, but preferring real to vibrant, I'm willing to bet that I'd prefer the LCD in general. I'm still waiting for the GN, however. Video fidelity means little compared to having a Nexus device. For me.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

See I was expecting the nexus to be more vibrant but it was in fact the other way around.

Let me be more clear. I wont get a razor. I don't like how it feels in my hand and I want a removable battery. I was just curious why the razor would seem more vibrant and clear.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast