Best way to sync iTunes on Nexus/ICS?

Khaz

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly.

Those of us who bought songs from iTunes well before apple launched the iPhone and became evil are pretty much screwed.

You can pay like $.10 more a song and get higher bitrate, DRM free songs on iTunes. I did it for like 99% of my music and now can listen to it wherever I want.

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. So iSyncr doesn't do incremental syncs? I only have one playlist which is my entire library. If I buy a new song, I will have to re-sync all my other songs to get that one additional song on?

Ok, back on topic.

Anyone? If I want to add a new song, does it just sync one song or do I have to re-sync all my other songs all over again?

a250gpreguy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
You can also buy Audials 8 from tune bite to strip the DRM from iTunes tracks (and maybe movies). Worked great for me and GM. +1 to those who already chimes in for making GM tunes playable offline.
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, back on topic.

Anyone? If I want to add a new song, does it just sync one song or do I have to re-sync all my other songs all over again?

It's been a good 8 months or so since I had my DroidX, but at that time, it only allowed for incremental playlist sync. iSyncr brings up it's own native window/app on your computer.

I could be wrong, and there could have been updates since I last used it, but from what I remember, you couldn't select individual songs. But let's say you put 3 playlists on the phone, then you want to add a 4th, the app will only sync what's new, it doesn't resync everything.

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
It's been a good 8 months or so since I had my DroidX, but at that time, it only allowed for incremental playlist sync. iSyncr brings up it's own native window/app on your computer.

I could be wrong, and there could have been updates since I last used it, but from what I remember, you couldn't select individual songs. But let's say you put 3 playlists on the phone, then you want to add a 4th, the app will only sync what's new, it doesn't resync everything.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

My concern was after I initially sync my 1,500 songs, when I add a new song would it re-sync all the songs in the playlist or just the one new one.

I didn't want to sync individual songs, just when my "playlist" (which in this case is my entire library) was updated it didn't have to re-sync everything, just the update to the playlist.

JRTStudio

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Let me try and clear up some things about iSyncr.

iSyncr does do incremental syncs over both USB and WiFi. If you are seeing something different, that is certainly a bug (or a misconfiguration) and should be reported. At this time, there are no open issues with incremental syncs.

Laramie8x8, iSyncr does not force close your music player. However, I have seen time and time again that using iSyncr to fill a bad SD card with music can cause all sorts of strange problems on an Android device (at least one customer a day sends an email about something wrong with iSyncr that turns out to be a bad SD card). Almost all of the time, the issue is the SD card (but sometimes a bad USB cable can cause these issues). iSyncr does not inject code into a music player causing it to crash. I promise.

With that said, iSyncr should be getting an update to 2.6.3 today which will add support for the Galaxy Nexus. We got one from Europe, as Verizon/Google are just taking too long.

-Justin

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I will throw in my own unbiased opinion. iSyncr has served me well and is at the top of my list for syncing with iTunes. Any issues they are having now (none here) shouldn't deter anyone from trying again.

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

iSyncr does do incremental syncs over both USB and WiFi. If you are seeing something different, that is certainly a bug (or a misconfiguration) and should be reported. At this time, there are no open issues with incremental syncs.

Laramie8x8, iSyncr does not force close your music player. However, I have seen time and time again that using iSyncr to fill a bad SD card with music can cause all sorts of strange problems on an Android device (at least one customer a day sends an email about something wrong with iSyncr that turns out to be a bad SD card). Almost all of the time, the issue is the SD card (but sometimes a bad USB cable can cause these issues). iSyncr does not inject code into a music player causing it to crash. I promise.

With that said, iSyncr should be getting an update to 2.6.3 today which will add support for the Galaxy Nexus. We got one from Europe, as Verizon/Google are just taking too long.

-Justin

Thank you. I will purchase the app as soon as the Nexus comes out.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got Google Music on Monday and it added all of my iTunes music (I'm sure not as much as most here but almost 1,200 songs). I haven't used it on a phone yet because right now I have a Storm 2 but I did use it on a work computer and it worked perfect. Glad I got it!

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

-Justin

Thanks for the info Justin. I really couldn't put my finger on the exact cause, but once I started using iSyncr heavily to add/delete music, that's when my problems popped up. I wasn't aware that a bad SD card could cause those problems. I appreciate you clearing that up. I did purchase the full version back when I had my DroidX and I'll be putting it on my GN soon as I get it because so far, iSyncr is still the best itunes sync software I've found. :)

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded iSyncr and got almost all of my music transferred. It said two songs were DRM protected , so I deleted them from iTunes and downloaded new copies. Now when I try to sync it errors out and says an operation is taking longer then usual, restart my machine or if the problem continues e-mail JRT.

Any suggestions? I sent JRT an e-mail but thought I would check on here too.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a question...I know that google music will automatically add music that is added into iTunes. My question is will google music update the playlists as well? The reason why I ask is because I took one song off of one of my playlists and added another song in its place. Will google music recognize this? If so, how long will it take? Will I have to refresh google music to have my new song show up instead of my old song? Do I have to have offline only unselected to get this to work as well?

JRTStudio

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded iSyncr and got almost all of my music transferred. It said two songs were DRM protected , so I deleted them from iTunes and downloaded new copies. Now when I try to sync it errors out and says an operation is taking longer then usual, restart my machine or if the problem continues e-mail JRT.

Any suggestions? I sent JRT an e-mail but thought I would check on here too.

The Galaxy Nexus just takes longer to sync then other devices (maybe Google will improve its MTP support in an update). It *should* complete the operation with enough patient. We will be updating iSyncr to enlarge the timer when syncing so that you don't get this error message all the time.

-Justin

damstr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'm trying to use double twist but when I connect it wants me to put the phone into mass storage mode but the nexus can't do that so is there a way to use doubletwist with the nexus?

HWill

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried most of the programs earlier and couldnt get none of them to work. I was able to get Windows Media Player to sync with Itunes and then I could sync a playlist onto the Nexus.
Seemed like the easiest way to do it.

The stock music player is not that bad and the headphones are pretty good too.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
iSyncr is the way to go. You can try using AirSync for DoubleTwist, but it is impossibly slow.

For the Nexus, once you install the iSyncr desktop client, it will show up as an Unknown device since it isn't officially supported yet. But, it should sync just fine.

If you use Google Music, be aware though: Any playlists you've synced to the device will not show up accurately if you also have cloud-synced playlists. The cloud ones overwrite the local ones, and there's no way around it.

BTW; JRT is awesome. I emailed him about an issue today, and got a quick response.