A dilemma between Nexus and Rezound

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a PROUD owner of the Rezound & wouldn't trade it for the world. My one opinion on the Nexus WAY toooooo far overhyped

It's hyped cos it's a dam good phone. Dare I say better than the Rezound. Plus one small thing.... ICS!

Sent from my SCH-I510 soon to be SCH-I515

jer85008

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and picked up the Rezound on a black-friday deal. I have absolutely zero regrets, even with the Nexus release (hopefully) right around the corner.

The deal breaker for me was the poor camera on the Nexus, I read every review and scoured over every test shot from the Nexus and can honestly say the camera is worse than bad. It may actually be worse than the camera on my Droid X, and I didn't think that was possible on a $300 (contract price) phone. I take a lot of photos and video on my phone, and having a good camera was essential.

The phone actually feels slim in the hand, and despite being much thicker and heaver than the RAZR feels much better overall.

The screen is downright amazing, outshining even an iPhone 4 Retna display.

I actually really like the Sense UI as well, it's butter smooth with zero lag.

The only reason I would get the Nexus is the larger screen (the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned), but otherwise the Rezound is a great phone.

Battery life is also not bad, I use Juicedefender with very good results (can easily get a day's life with moderate usage).

As for the beats audio and headset, both good as well. I would put the headset on par with what you could get from a quality set in the $80 range, so getting them free is a nice bonus.

At this point, I would wait until they release the Nexus and compare them side by side.

If the camera isn't a deal breaker like it was for me, and you already have a good headset, I would probably go with the Nexus.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am right there with you. The Rezound is a sleeper of a phone without all the hype. The best 49.00 I have spent in a long time...

Wait until the GN phone comes out and all the bugs get reported...ICS is a first gen OS and will have plenty of bugs.

I am a PROUD owner of the Rezound & wouldn't trade it for the world. My one opinion on the Nexus WAY toooooo far overhyped

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ICS is only a temporary advantage. I dare say the Rezound is a better phone than the Nexus. Hype does not mean it's better.

It's hyped cos it's a dam good phone. Dare I say better than the Rezound. Plus one small thing.... ICS!

Sent from my SCH-I510 soon to be SCH-I515

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
ugh but no matter what, this phone will pretty much like the nexus one get so much more over the rezound and once i hack google wallet on it, it'l be amazing... just feel like i should get both so probably will once the rezound is 200 on ebay... lol

Acroanidd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I should chime in on this as I was one of the people totally sold on the thought of the Rezound, and it's "better build quality"... I am an HTC fanboy pretty much. Even talked my wife into an incredible instead of an iphone, and she and I both love her phone.

I bought the Rezound last Friday. Took it on a road trip out of state, the very next morning I was 250 miles away from home and waiting at the doorsteps to a vzw corp store to swap it out, because it had a bad headphone jack (it has an awful whine)... got the second one, didnt really mess with it too much outside of the store where i didnt notice any problems because of outside noise masking it. Needless to say the second Rezound also had a headphone jack whine / static problem. Not only that, but it was plagued with the manly pink capacitive buttons, it had a creaking battery cover (sound when you move the phone in your hand), and it boot looped for a few hours later in the week.

Finally I had enough with the problems and brought it back to VZW where they returned it without a restocking fee because the headphone jack problem is a known issue with HTC / VZW. They say a software fix is in the works, but trust me when I say that in order to "fix" this problem via software they will actually cause a problem with the audio quality. Lets just say I am an audiophile and a car stereo / home theater enthusiast and know the problem is definitely hardware related.

Risk it if you want. But we are probably 2 days out from the Nexus (fingers crossed). If you do decide to get the Rezound when you return it, insist on not getting a new one because of known issues, and if they try to charge you a restocking fee talk to their manager, they can't charge you return it or otherwise keep a phone / exchange for a phone with known issues.

I was very disappointed with the Rezound. I am an owner of several android devices and must insist and spread the word on how much trouble the Rezound has been for a very large amount of people.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have owned 9 Android phones and the Rezound is the best one by far. Sounds like you just got unlucky...No issues with mine. Lots of happy owners over in the Rezound forum...Actually one of the few forums where there are more positive comments than negative ones...

I think I should chime in on this as I was one of the people totally sold on the thought of the Rezound, and it's "better build quality"... I am an HTC fanboy pretty much. Even talked my wife into an incredible instead of an iphone, and she and I both love her phone.

I bought the Rezound last Friday. Took it on a road trip out of state, the very next morning I was 250 miles away from home and waiting at the doorsteps to a vzw corp store to swap it out, because it had a bad headphone jack (it has an awful whine)... got the second one, didnt really mess with it too much outside of the store where i didnt notice any problems because of outside noise masking it. Needless to say the second Rezound also had a headphone jack whine / static problem. Not only that, but it was plagued with the manly pink capacitive buttons, it had a creaking battery cover (sound when you move the phone in your hand), and it boot looped for a few hours later in the week.

Finally I had enough with the problems and brought it back to VZW where they returned it without a restocking fee because the headphone jack problem is a known issue with HTC / VZW. They say a software fix is in the works, but trust me when I say that in order to "fix" this problem via software they will actually cause a problem with the audio quality. Lets just say I am an audiophile and a car stereo / home theater enthusiast and know the problem is definitely hardware related.

Risk it if you want. But we are probably 2 days out from the Nexus (fingers crossed). If you do decide to get the Rezound when you return it, insist on not getting a new one because of known issues, and if they try to charge you a restocking fee talk to their manager, they can't charge you return it or otherwise keep a phone / exchange for a phone with known issues.

I was very disappointed with the Rezound. I am an owner of several android devices and must insist and spread the word on how much trouble the Rezound has been for a very large amount of people.

raymund15

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
First and foremost, I have hated everything htc has ever done, period! I thought they were all about quantity not quality, dual cameras but both horrible quality, first company with hd recording and it looked horrible, software that was so laggy I couldn't believe it, do I stayed away and was OK with my Droid x and waited for the bionic, it came around and looked like it would become obsolete fast, it did so I waited, then came the big 3 now on verizon, razr seemed like a better droid x and I was sick of moto so I decided I wanted the. Nexus because I hated htc so much, so the reviews and comparisons came out and the news that the nexus didn't have an sd card slot and last year's camera and I was so disappointed, by the way nexus fanboys be honest and real, the nexus camera doesn't compare to the rezound or iphones camera, anybody who isn't wanting to believe its better can see that, everybody was saying it was using a new and improved sensor and now its out that it isn't, it's just a 5mp that has zero shutter lag because of its software, the rezound backlit illuminated sensor and 28mm wide angle lense are the real new and better technology and pictures and video are amazing! Plus if I'm not mistaken its the first htc phone to encode in mp4 and not 3gp like it's other phones so there are no horrible looking artifacts on the videos, second everyone's main feature for the nexus is ics, but that won't be exclusive for much longer then what? It doesn't have any superior hardware, maybe the processor but it won't be very noticeable anyway, I'm not a nexus hater I just wish people would stop being fake with what the nexus actually is, a dev phone, a Damn good one, but still a dev phone, yes the screen is. Vibrant but still doesn't even beat the iphones ppi, so again beautiful but not ground breaking, I really wanted the phone but it just isn't what was hyped about so many months ago at least not now, and I don't know where people got that you have to wait to take pictures because it takes pictures fast, it's. Not zero shutter lag but it's the closest to it you can get, so it's. Not. A problem and the interface is easier to get to places and change settings on the fly, I'm not a fanboy because I hate all htc products, but this phone is amazing and exactly what I was waiting for, now the only flaws I can think of are maybe battery life but it's. Not bad really, tbh its for sure better than my Droid x, and so it isn't bad at all if I look at it that way, and I. Haven't had any problems with my rezound, I feel a lot of people just had bad luck because mine is flawless, I can't believe I'm saying this but htc corrected everything I hated about their phones, oh but before I forget the whole beats audio thing is a gimmick to me, I'm a music engineer so to me it makes things louder but kind of ruins things, I use poweramp anyway so it doesn't matter to me I was just putting that out there, and bloatware OK I give you that but it doesn't matter to me, again once it gets ics most likely removable bloatware, but yes get the rezound, ics is the only thing the nexus has on it but good things come to those who wait and once it gets ics it will clearly be the better phone on verizon, oh one more unbiased thing is that yes the nexus does look better but not by that much so again not a big deal, goodbye friends

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
The GN doesn't feel plasticy at all to me. Great feel and compared to the Rezound, it's a real winner to me. Guess it's just user preference as I don't like HTC phones due to a lot of screen issues and the shape of the phone doesn't feel good to me one handed. For as large the nexus is, it feels great in one hand. Every HTC phone I've had has had major dead pixel issues.

I have a Droid Charge and it doesn't seem as plasticy to me either. What's amazing is that my wife, standing at the top of the stairs, hands me the blender (heavy as hell) and along with my phone, both slip out of my hands. They take a hard tumble down the wooden stairs and miraculously, just a minor scrape on the phone. The build quality is better than I thought.

All that said, I'm holding out for the Vz gNex...

:)

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung cameras on their phones seem to be an afterthought.
The best pictures I've ever taken on a phone were on a Nexus One (made by HTC :)
and some of them were positively stunning.
I had a Galaxy S II for a few days and returned it for an HTC Amaze.
The Amaze (close in specs to the Rezound) was the first phone to come close to the Nexus One camera.
The GSII wasnt even close in picture quality, it had kind of a washed out look to the pics.

Get the HTC phone, you will like it.

;)

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that has noticed that Samsung consistently has problems with GPS? None of my Samsung phones had reliable GPS, with my Droid Charge taking several minutes just to start narrowing my location down to a general neighborhood. GPS may be an option for some people but I use it to navigate my work route.

Now I won't say anything about the Rezound's GPS beyond I'm very satisfied with it. But because of samsung's track record with this feature, I will NEVER buy another Samsung phone (I've had 3). Motorola: Yes, HTC: Yes, LG: maybe (LG Chocolate left a bad taste in my mouth). Samsung: NO. A lot of this Nexus hype is starting to sound... iPhone-ish. The Nexus line to me, at least, is a product everyone is supposed to use as a foundation to make what comes next better. Like someone said: it's a developer phone.

I like to be on the bleeding edge as much as anyone. But the Nexus is more like a blade before its been honed. I'm not a developer. I'm an End User

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting for the Nexus, and bought a Rezound a few weeks ago. Other than the very short battery life and goofy name, I'm happy with the phone. I will definitely go try out the Nexus, but I doubt I'll be trading in my Rezound.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
First and foremost, I have hated everything htc has ever done, period! I thought they were all about quantity not quality, dual cameras but both horrible quality, first company with hd recording and it looked horrible, software that was so laggy I couldn't believe it, do I stayed away and was OK with my Droid x and waited for the bionic, it came around and looked like it would become obsolete fast, it did so I waited, then came the big 3 now on verizon, razr seemed like a better droid x and I was sick of moto so I decided I wanted the. Nexus because I hated htc so much, so the reviews and comparisons came out and the news that the nexus didn't have an sd card slot and last year's camera and I was so disappointed, by the way nexus fanboys be honest and real, the nexus camera doesn't compare to the rezound or iphones camera, anybody who isn't wanting to believe its better can see that, everybody was saying it was using a new and improved sensor and now its out that it isn't, it's just a 5mp that has zero shutter lag because of its software, the rezound backlit illuminated sensor and 28mm wide angle lense are the real new and better technology and pictures and video are amazing! Plus if I'm not mistaken its the first htc phone to encode in mp4 and not 3gp like it's other phones so there are no horrible looking artifacts on the videos, second everyone's main feature for the nexus is ics, but that won't be exclusive for much longer then what? It doesn't have any superior hardware, maybe the processor but it won't be very noticeable anyway, I'm not a nexus hater I just wish people would stop being fake with what the nexus actually is, a dev phone, a Damn good one, but still a dev phone, yes the screen is. Vibrant but still doesn't even beat the iphones ppi, so again beautiful but not ground breaking, I really wanted the phone but it just isn't what was hyped about so many months ago at least not now, and I don't know where people got that you have to wait to take pictures because it takes pictures fast, it's. Not zero shutter lag but it's the closest to it you can get, so it's. Not. A problem and the interface is easier to get to places and change settings on the fly, I'm not a fanboy because I hate all htc products, but this phone is amazing and exactly what I was waiting for, now the only flaws I can think of are maybe battery life but it's. Not bad really, tbh its for sure better than my Droid x, and so it isn't bad at all if I look at it that way, and I. Haven't had any problems with my rezound, I feel a lot of people just had bad luck because mine is flawless, I can't believe I'm saying this but htc corrected everything I hated about their phones, oh but before I forget the whole beats audio thing is a gimmick to me, I'm a music engineer so to me it makes things louder but kind of ruins things, I use poweramp anyway so it doesn't matter to me I was just putting that out there, and bloatware OK I give you that but it doesn't matter to me, again once it gets ics most likely removable bloatware, but yes get the rezound, ics is the only thing the nexus has on it but good things come to those who wait and once it gets ics it will clearly be the better phone on verizon, oh one more unbiased thing is that yes the nexus does look better but not by that much so again not a big deal, goodbye friends

You sir have won the "worst run on sentence" and the " worst punctuation award " of the day

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

raymund15

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I guess neither of us knows how to use punctuation marks because you also forgot some, oh and you sir have also won an award, the "I don't understand this is the Internet and people don't have to type like it's an English term paper" award. It was a long post and I didn't want to waste time making it perfect when it's perfectly understandable to any intelligent person, and those random periods were because I'm using SwifttKey and it automatically puts periods if I accidentally press the space bar twice and I didn't want to go all the way back and fix them (and some was through voice type) . I'm not an insecure person who needs to type perfect or correct people on the Internet so I can feel smart. So let's talk android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo