Official Google Updates

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
i am still curious how updates will be administered. would Google administer updates through VZWs network, or through the internet? does anyone know about this?

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Being in communication engineering myself, I would say the OS development would come from Google then push through Verizon, after a very brief testing. Any radio tweak would come from VZW, I'm sure it would be tested with the OS but I don't know if Google would do that testing or if VZW would handle that in-house.

Reactions: thedeceiver

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So two years from now will Verizon still accept Google's update push or will they decide that they don't consumers to have any more updates and force them to buy new phones?

Tee312

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So two years from now will Verizon still accept Google's update push or will they decide that they don't consumers to have any more updates and force them to buy new phones?

The update will be coming directly from Google's servers, according to that post. I would say that any OS related updates will come directly from Google, similar to the other Nexi, and anything concerning LTE/Radios/Whatever else will come from Verizon/Samsung.

Either way, this is strong evidence that the Galaxy Nexus will be updated via Google, just the way it should be.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Let's not act like people won't be foaming at the mouth for a newer device with even higher specs in two years. I mean, many people here switch devices every few months, and some even think that this Nexus isn't futureproofed enough in terms of specs.

CDuke0619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to stop from buying a phone once a year.
It seems like after a year a phone feels so old to me even when I root it.
Never had a Nexus though and as many updates as this phone should receive...still wondering should I buy it off contract though. Decisions decisions...anyone know how much this will be off contract?

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to stop from buying a phone once a year.
It seems like after a year a phone feels so old to me even when I root it.
Never had a Nexus though and as many updates as this phone should receive...still wondering should I buy it off contract though. Decisions decisions...anyone know how much this will be off contract?

$650 most likely according to Costco and VZW. Best Buy may have it priced differently.

WolfSkull

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
We already knew this. This is not news.

Who knew this? I think everyone assumed it. Personally I'm thankful to the OP for posting this because I tend to expect the worst.

I can imagine this JBQ guy has been answering alot of questions concerining his post on XDA developers about multiple builds.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Who knew this? I think everyone assumed it. Personally I'm thankful to the OP for posting this because I tend to expect the worst.

I can imagine this JBQ guy has been answering alot of questions concerining his post on XDA developers about multiple builds.

Anyone that's actually paid attention to what being a Nexus device means. Verizon issuing updates has never been a possibility.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87