NFC Payment System-

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I got my Nexus today, and while setting it up it asked for my Credit Card info and stuff...

My only question is, wasn't that disabled for Verizon Galaxy Nexus models?

Or was it asking for my card info to be used for other stuff? (Android Market etc)

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
NFC itself wasn't disabled, just a native Google Wallet app... What exactly asked for your CC? Did you not have a CC on file already for the Market?

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope just switched from an iPhone 4S to the GN.

The rep didn't really let me play with it while setting it up, so I hit the skip for now button.

I have no Idea where to go to see all the stuff I had to skip because of the rep...

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
You are going to be so, so pleased with your decision.

Well so far I'm really liking my GN, my only complaint is that I'm coming from a 64gb iPhone, and being limited to 16gb is claustrophobic to say the least. But I got a GN knowing this, and so far I'm okay with shelfing my iPhone in my car as a MP3 Player for the time being.

I have flirted with each iteration of the Nexus, and this one (Flash Storage aside) has been my favorite.

Truthfully though, going from an iPhone to the GN makes me feel like I'm holding a HULKING BEAST in my hands.

Yeah, that's just for Google Checkout (technically part of Google Wallet now). Pops up on first launch.

So there's no hope for getting wallet running? Not even with some magical hax? :(

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well so far I'm really liking my GN, my only complaint is that I'm coming from a 64gb iPhone, and being limited to 16gb is claustrophobic to say the least. But I got a GN knowing this, and so far I'm okay with shelfing my iPhone in my car as a MP3 Player for the time being.

I have flirted with each iteration of the Nexus, and this one (Flash Storage aside) has been my favorite.

Truthfully though, going from an iPhone to the GN makes me feel like I'm holding a HULKING BEAST in my hands.

So there's no hope for getting wallet running? Not even with some magical hax? :(

Sure there is (btw, if you got the LTE Verizon version, you have 32GB, not 16). First thing you'll want to do is unlock the bootloader now (it'll be a factory reset, so you'll get all the things you missed when the rep set up your phone).