Having a hard time getting trading my Razr for this.

Kunji

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
i had intended to just try out the razr for a couple of weeks then get the gnex. now i've grown quite attached to the Razr. three things that standout as awesome on the Razr that are must have for me are as follows:
1.gps google maps i my number one app
2.sound quality when jacking into my AUX in my car
3.related to 2 is ability to stream rhapsody in car without much pausing

these are fantastic with the Razr but i really want a gnex. so, can some of you that have had experience with the razr that have made the jump please let me know what you think? thank you

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my razr if I could keep it as a second phone I would. I activated the hotspot and this phone is going back for nexus. I already called amazon and they approved my exchange for nexus and it is just on backorder and I am going to send this back as soon as I get the G nexus.

The problem: The hotspot is a nightmare on this phone, I mean straight up bad. More than half of my computers refuse to connect. My tablet never connects, even if I use no security. My laptop is the only computer that connects sometimes.

Hopefully nexus is better at it. Plus for 150 you can't beat it.

Last edited:

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I traded in my RAZR as well and am very happy that I did so. Despite the fact that the Nexus is taller and thicker, it still feels like it is smaller than the RAZR and is much more comfortable to hold. Also, despite a lot of people talking about how cheaply built Samsung phones are built, I have absolutely no issue with the quality of construction of the Nexus. I definitely will not be looking back.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Trading my razr as well from amazon. Sending this back as soon as I recieve my nexus. I love the phone but verizon needs to not release a phone with hotspot issues. This phone's hotspot is unsuable on half of my devices.

Gshaw31

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I traded my Razr for GN, off the bat the speaker phone is alot lower than the Razr. Once I seen the screen of the GN, I had to have it. But I miss NFL app, Smart Actions (Should be a Google app, awesome), and I know webtop.

Honestly, the clincher was Motorola saying it could be 4-6 months before ICS is ready. So, the phone had to go. :cool:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are really having a hard time trading the razr than why not keep it? To me it seems like you can't justify sticking with either so you are asking others. What works/feels best for you? If it is the razr keep it. Both are good phones and it all depends on what you want in a phone or what you like.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
like Premium1 said, if you are having a hard time, dont do it. No need to justify returning it if you like the phone. If there is something you need and is not working with the razr than go for it.

My issue is with hotspot issues, no fix for it yet and I am almost out of my exchange policy with amazon and I decided to exchange it. Otherwise I would have kept this phone. Sometimes it stops broadcasting the ssid, and when it does my tablet, desktop wont connect. My laptop sometime does connect. Plus it refuses to load some webpages.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, the clincher was Motorola saying it could be 4-6 months before ICS is ready. So, the phone had to go. :cool:

And that, at the end of the day, is reason number one to ditch the manufacturer-skinned phone. Who the hell knows how long you'll have to wait for updates? And even then, what are those updates going to look like after the OEMs have had their hands all over them.

Reactions: robstunner

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i had intended to just try out the razr for a couple of weeks then get the gnex. now i've grown quite attached to the Razr. three things that standout as awesome on the Razr that are must have for me are as follows:

these are fantastic with the Razr but i really want a gnex. so, can some of you that have had experience with the razr that have made the jump please let me know what you think? thank you

any android phone supports these. i have a 2 year old Eris that can do this. android = universal apps, and any phone worth more than $10 will not have distortion or ty sound when plugged into an aux port

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a Razr. I played with a GSM Nexus that my coworker bought. I was going to stick with the Razr but when I opened the browser the text seemed a lot easier to read on the GN. I should have my GN today if the call reception is fairly reliable then I will probably keep it. The reason text size is important is because even though I have a tablet. I like to read a bit before I go to bed and I don't wanna hold my big tablet. So text legibility is very important. That's very important for 52 yr old eyes.

Also as I sit here and read GN extended Batt, Razr none.
Razr SD card slot, GN none.
Razr when I turned the screen all the way up in direct sun WOW...
GN in direct sun yet to determined.
Razr water resistant GN not.

So I wanna see how loud the music player is when I plug my phone into my car and play through my TV/stereo.
Also if mem serves me right the music player has an eq.
One more thing if the GPS is fast. That extra screen size will come in handy.
Hope that helps.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Why would you think that you cannot do any of those features on the GN? google maps will be available for the GN, i'm sure the sound quality when output to your AUX is going to equal, and if rhapsody is just an app (right?) I'm sure it will work withe GN as well.

If it were me, I'd be comparing phone features, and deciding on the features themselves. Apps will work on any of the phones your comparing.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I dumped my Bionic for a GN and so far I couldn't be happier. If you really like the Razr then you should keep it. The nice thing about Android is we have so many choices. If someone using iOS doesn't like a certain thing they're stuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non