Nexus is Dead

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone just shut off on its own and will not turn back on, really upset was loving the phone looks like i'll be spending some time on Verizon tomorrow.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For a second, i thought this was another hate thread about how verizon ruined the Nexus lol. What a relief

I did too. I was eagar to see the newest addition/ommition that bunched the troller's panties.

People have been spending a month talkingbad about VZW for not releasing this phone and now they'll spend the next month bashing the phone itself.

dlaluan

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. But luckily for me, when I took it in, the Verizon rep simply turned it on. I don't know what happened, but for some reason it was unusable for a few hours.

ODD...

AKA the Milkman

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Created an account to say the same thing just happened to me;

I went to use my phone about an hour ago only to find it completely lifeless. I've had it plugged in ever since, charging away... still nothing. I have removed the battery and even the sim card several times and let them sit, reconnected everything hoping it fixed itself, and been disappointed to find it still in a coma.

So far this is the only other mention I've seen of the issue so I hope it isn't an epidemic but I've got a strange feeling it's gonna be.

I guess I'll go to the Verizon store today instead of sleeping. awesome. :(

Reactions: Cheski

sleepysurf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me first morning after purchased. Had left it charging overnight... dead in morning. Fortunately, pulling battery to reset worked, and it has not happened again (have had 3 days).

tlincoln

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. But luckily for me, when I took it in, the Verizon rep simply turned it on. I don't know what happened, but for some reason it was unusable for a few hours.

ODD...

You see, some Verizon reps know what their doing!! LOL, Jk, there are a fey good ones

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning and the phone randomly turned on, maybe it overheated yesterday????? Anyway do you think i should still go to Verizon this morning or not? I am assuming if they cant see the problem they aren't going to do anything for me anyway.

Cheski

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just woke up to mine(day 3) in a coma as well. It was fine last night. OEM charger and cable. :/

Pulling the battery and SIM, then re-inserting hasn't worked. Tried a few times.

I just finished fully setting it up.

No root or mods. Stock ICS launcher even.

:'(

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
On Friday my GN randomly shut off on itself also, but I haven't had it happen again. I just powered it back on and it was fine. 65% battery too, so that couldn't have been the issue when it blacked out.

Cheski

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
When I went to bed, it had been on battery for 16.5 Hours and had 44% battery left. VERY minimal use all day.

I guess I'll be firing the Thunderbolt back up for now until this gets sorted. Gross.

Cheski

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
After being in a coma like state for 24 hours+ the Nexus turned itself on... It is running fine now.

Color me confused. I am swapping it out after that sketchiness.