Just got my galaxy nexus an hour ago. Camera app not working.

wirezd

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
As the title says, I bought my Galaxy Nexus from a verizon store just an hour or so ago. Whenever I try to start the camera app it just takes me to a grey screen with the three menu buttons on the side.

Can anybody PLEASE help? This is incredibly frustrating.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, I bought my Galaxy Nexus from a verizon store just an hour or so ago. Whenever I try to start the camera app it just takes me to a grey screen with the three menu buttons on the side.

Can anybody PLEASE help? This is incredibly frustrating.

The exact same thing happened to me Thursday morning. I took it back a few hours later and they gave me a new phone. You should take it back. Looks like we both got lemons. (maybe?)

wirezd

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just went to the Verizon store. By the time I had gotten there the entire touch screen stopped working; it wasn't possible to even unlock the phone.

They exchanged it for a new one that works beautifully so far.

imagingh

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here, day two with the galaxy nexus and the camera is not working. It was working fine, I setup the facial recognition security setting and that's the last time it worked. Yup, my face broke the camera...

This affects all apps that require a camera, video chat, barcode scans, etc. Any app that attempts to use the camera will just get a dark grey screen and then error out.

Guess this one's going back to Verizon tomorrow. Too bad, I just got it all tweaked out. :(

Nrhirsch

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had my VZN Galaxy Nexus for about a week. Camera app seemed slow when I first got it. I subsequently rooted it and today, the Camera App stopped working. I powered off and on again and it seems to be working now. I might have pushed a button while the camera app was working which might have caused it. Will report back later if find more info.

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, this is odd. My camera works but there is a black spot on the screen only in the camera app. It also shows up in pictures. There's nothing on the lens, so there must be something inside the camera. I'm waiting for my replacement to arrive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11