handcent and nexus

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
acts kinda strange. any way to get pop up to be higher on screen? right now it overlaps keyboard.

I know the moms doesn't work, but in sure it will in future update.

sure wish stock was better....ie popups and mobile bums only.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Well for pop-ups -- I use part of the Light Flow app, and it works great. I have the paid version, like $1.99, but I can do almost anything with the notifications -- works great with the Galaxy Nexus.

When you get a text message -- a message pops up that says something like "Text message received"

Probably my favorite app for the phone. The control it gives the user over the LED notification is impressive too -- my LED notifications are any color I want, and it blinks fast (not the slow stock way).

Should give the unpaid version a whirl, I think you'd be impressed.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well for pop-ups -- I use part of the Light Flow app, and it works great. I have the paid version, like $1.99, but I can do almost anything with the notifications -- works great with the Galaxy Nexus.

When you get a text message -- a message pops up that says something like "Text message received"

Probably my favorite app for the phone. The control it gives the user over the LED notification is impressive too -- my LED notifications are any color I want, and it blinks fast (not the slow stock way).

Should give the unpaid version a whirl, I think you'd be impressed.

where is that setting for the popup in lightflow? i really like the idea of that.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
GoSMS Pro (free) is vastly superior to handcent, but does require some configuration. it's got a loooot of options, including for pop-up notifcations and changing LED notification colors. Plus it has a data messenger built in, support for facebook chat (not needed now with Facebook Messenger app), Doodle, which lets you finger-draw pictures on a blank canvas and send as picture messages, and ultra quick and easy voice/audio recording sending

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks....been using handcent for years.....like that handcent had group setups...but was buggy on ics. sticking with go sms for now..thanks

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with mms not sending. The spinner just spins and it never gets sent out? Can someone help me out with settings?

Pghdroidette

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My Handcent was a little buggy at first, too, but it's been updated in the market for ICS. Now it works perfectly and no force closes or bugs. Honestly...I've never found anything better than Handcent and the LED light works perfectly with its settings.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
notification settings

If you open the sms handcent app, go into settings, change notification by unchecking the pop up feature. Now it only shows you have a message but does not pop it up and cover the screen.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My Handcent was a little buggy at first, too, but it's been updated in the market for ICS. Now it works perfectly and no force closes or bugs. Honestly...I've never found anything better than Handcent and the LED light works perfectly with its settings.

Really? Because I just tried to dl an MMS and it promptly crashed. Again.
And forget about setting it to auto-download MMS. Crashes every time I open the app.

I like Handcent and it does have some features that Chomp and GoSMS don't have, so I'll wait a bit longer. But they need to fix. this. crap.

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for tip, but I like the popups. Lol. Go SMS works better on nexus, hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just looked at the comments on GO SMS and people were complaining about it working with ICS.

Handcent just got updated for ICS.

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I use google voice now so thay i dont have to pay for text messsging. I wish handcent, and other sms apps, would work with google voice. I'd like to enable text and vm notificstion reminders. Anyone know if there is an app that works with google voice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed