Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffruby
  • 1 Post By UserError
  • 1 Post By somnambulator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Default handcent and nexus

acts kinda strange. any way to get pop up to be higher on screen? right now it overlaps keyboard.

I know the moms doesn't work, but in sure it will in future update.

sure wish stock was better....ie popups and mobile bums only.
    dcopley67 likes this.

Default Re: handcent and nexus

Well for pop-ups -- I use part of the Light Flow app, and it works great. I have the paid version, like $1.99, but I can do almost anything with the notifications -- works great with the Galaxy Nexus.

When you get a text message -- a message pops up that says something like "Text message received"

Probably my favorite app for the phone. The control it gives the user over the LED notification is impressive too -- my LED notifications are any color I want, and it blinks fast (not the slow stock way).

Should give the unpaid version a whirl, I think you'd be impressed.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UserError View Post
    Well for pop-ups -- I use part of the Light Flow app, and it works great. I have the paid version, like $1.99, but I can do almost anything with the notifications -- works great with the Galaxy Nexus.

When you get a text message -- a message pops up that says something like "Text message received"

Probably my favorite app for the phone. The control it gives the user over the LED notification is impressive too -- my LED notifications are any color I want, and it blinks fast (not the slow stock way).

Should give the unpaid version a whirl, I think you'd be impressed.
    where is that setting for the popup in lightflow? i really like the idea of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    where is that setting for the popup in lightflow? i really like the idea of that.
    Light Flow -> Notifications -> SMS -> Scroll to the very bottom (second to last option)
    rendy1 likes this.

GoSMS Pro (free) is vastly superior to handcent, but does require some configuration. it's got a loooot of options, including for pop-up notifcations and changing LED notification colors. Plus it has a data messenger built in, support for facebook chat (not needed now with Facebook Messenger app), Doodle, which lets you finger-draw pictures on a blank canvas and send as picture messages, and ultra quick and easy voice/audio recording sending
    Thanked by 2:
    JoJoCal19 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

thanks....been using handcent for years.....like that handcent had group setups...but was buggy on ics. sticking with go sms for now..thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

wow..it DOES have groups...cool

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

I'm having an issue with mms not sending. The spinner just spins and it never gets sent out? Can someone help me out with settings?

My Handcent was a little buggy at first, too, but it's been updated in the market for ICS. Now it works perfectly and no force closes or bugs. Honestly...I've never found anything better than Handcent and the LED light works perfectly with its settings.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

I have 3.9.9.8 and it will not send mms messages out.

Default notification settings

If you open the sms handcent app, go into settings, change notification by unchecking the pop up feature. Now it only shows you have a message but does not pop it up and cover the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdroidette View Post
    My Handcent was a little buggy at first, too, but it's been updated in the market for ICS. Now it works perfectly and no force closes or bugs. Honestly...I've never found anything better than Handcent and the LED light works perfectly with its settings.
    Really? Because I just tried to dl an MMS and it promptly crashed. Again.
    And forget about setting it to auto-download MMS. Crashes every time I open the app.

I like Handcent and it does have some features that Chomp and GoSMS don't have, so I'll wait a bit longer. But they need to fix. this. crap.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Thanks for tip, but I like the popups. Lol. Go SMS works better on nexus, hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

Been using Handcent for years and I'm sure it will be fixed if there are any problems.
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

I just looked at the comments on GO SMS and people were complaining about it working with ICS.

Handcent just got updated for ICS.

Does Handcent notify you when the message you sent gets read? I really like that feature that come with the Nexus.
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

I have no idea - when I send a message they either reply or choose not to. I'm not paranoid about people getting them.

It doesn't have anything to do with being paranoid. You honestly can't see the advantage to knowing that a text you sent has been read?

Yes, handcent does read receipts.

But its still doesn't work.

I use google voice now so thay i dont have to pay for text messsging. I wish handcent, and other sms apps, would work with google voice. I'd like to enable text and vm notificstion reminders. Anyone know if there is an app that works with google voice?

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I finally gave up on Handcent after way too many force closes. Hopefully they'll update and fix it. Going to try GoSMS for now.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Handcent did some strange things on my GNex:

• Test notification consistently crashes app
    • Incoming texts were shown as from different sender occasionally

Lightflow sounded really cool, but it would lock my screen where i couldn't keep it lit and i had to do a battery pull twice just to get back into my phone. had to uninstall unfortunately.
    Last edited by pheitmeyer; 12-21-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: change

I'm using GoSMS with ZERO issues!! I love it. I was real weary about using an SMS replacement but I'm glad I'm using GoSMS. I use the stock app as backup but haven't had any issues. Not being able to use emojis with my wife (iPhone 4) was making me think about returning the Nexus. Yes, I did just say that lol. But thanks to GoSMS emoji plugin I'm good to go.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffruby View Post
    wow..it DOES have groups...cool
    How do you actually get groups to work in Handcent? Almost all of the groups on the Phone tab show zero members. On the Handcent tab when I create a group the list of contacts is missing very many of my contacts. I sent in a bug report about a week ago and heard no response at all so I'm about ready to give up on them, but then I saw here that it has some long-time fans, so maybe I'll give it a little longer. Version 3.9.9.9 is still frequently saying "Unfortunately, Handcent has stopped".