"Mobile Network Not Available" - Can't even call 911

radef

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So my inability to make or receive calls continues...

Last night, my phone lost the network and couldn't make or receive calls from about 11pm to 7am. See the attached screenshot showing the lack of signal during the outage.

This seems to happen a lot when in the mornings... I get up, grab the phone and see that I have no signal indication. No bars, no 3G, no 4G, no blue...nothing. This is the first time I tried looking at the historical data in the battery area and noticed that I lost the cellular network all night long.

After I play around with the phone for a bit - all the sudden it seems to come back to life.

This is horrible. Are other experiencing 8 hour outages?

I've never had problems when I'm in my home area (which is 3G only) - but am plagued with these issues when I visit the DC metro area (4G coverage).

mears

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So my inability to make or receive calls continues...

Last night, my phone lost the network and couldn't make or receive calls from about 11pm to 7am. See the attached screenshot showing the lack of signal during the outage.

This seems to happen a lot when in the mornings... I get up, grab the phone and see that I have no signal indication. No bars, no 3G, no 4G, no blue...nothing. This is the first time I tried looking at the historical data in the battery area and noticed that I lost the cellular network all night long.

After I play around with the phone for a bit - all the sudden it seems to come back to life.

This is horrible. Are other experiencing 8 hour outages?

I've never had problems when I'm in my home area (which is 3G only) - but am plagued with these issues when I visit the DC metro area (4G coverage).

Yes, I have the same problem. If leave CDMA/LTE enabled, inevitably the phone will lose connectivity and never reconnect until I notice it and power cycle the phone. Often, the discovery is a dead phone since it really drains the battery while attempting to reconnect. I live in an area with excellent 4G coverage. Forcing CDMA does workaround the problem, but then you're stuck with a $300 3G phone.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Truth, I have had over 20 dropped calls in two weeks on my nexus. No bueno, and it feels so good to say hasta nexus.....because I need a damn phone first and I would rather carry a blackberry than the nexus. Someone pulled guito out and shot google.

damrbaby

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
For all of you who are having this problem, I just got off the phone with Verizon support. They contacted Samsung directly for me, and found out that this is a known issue and they will be rolling out a software update between the end of January and mid-February that they say will fix these connectivity issues.

rhamo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I also have had issues like this.I have sent back 5 nexus phones.the one i have now seems to do it 1-2 times daily.its really annoying.my thunderbolt worked flawlessly.What the heck?

patrisx

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" - Can't even call 911

I have an s4 and a contract with tmobile. The device is not rooted and when i have service, I still cannot dial 911 or 112 the back up number.
I've already had 2 times I needed to dial 911 but could not. I can dial other number but not the emergancy. It dials in and then ends the call. :-$

What can I do about this?

- - - Updated - - -

It dials other numbers perfectly fine though.

Keri Swanson

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
My Cell worked last night , Now its not working I have a prepaid cell from Boost.. Says the Network isn't working.. I have to call people for my Work and can't even do this..