Popped in extended battery. Better connection

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Ever since I got the nexus I have had data drop left and right. No its not some made up myth regardless of what vzw tells us. I popped in my new battery extended of course and my signal bars go to full and I have not lost connection. Hmmm
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Ever since I got the nexus I have had data drop left and right. No its not some made up myth regardless of what vzw tells us. I popped in my new battery extended of course and my signal bars go to full and I have not lost connection. Hmmm

I don't see how a battery could have provided you better signal anyway. Not even the back cover of the Nexus has the antenna built in. If you want to see something wild, check the battery cover of the Rezound.

The only thing the battery has is the NFC, which helps with passing of the secure token. That's it.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

If you installed your battery in the past day, I doubt the improvement you are seeing has anything to do with the battery.

I think they may have been doing some work on the system when data went down yesterday.

My signal and data connection has improved since it came back up.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Update . After almost 25 hours I'm getting spotty service again. Boooo sorry false alarm. Close please.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Update . After almost 25 hours I'm getting spotty service again. Boooo sorry false alarm. Close please.

You gave us hope and now you're taking it away!!!! Thirty1258, how dare you!?! *slap*

Just kidding. Its all good bro.... I think everyone is trying everything in their power to help Verizon and GNex with their issue.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
For me, I don't look at how many bars I'm getting any more. All I care about is if I'm connected. so far so good with the exception of the 4G outage VZW had.

With that said, I've been out of work all week. The real test will be when I get back to work and sit in my office with very bad reception. Then I will be able to tell for sure.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
You gave us hope and now you're taking it away!!!! Thirty1258, how dare you!?! *slap*

This made me laugh.
e412.png