Don't wait on backorder of Amazon/Letstalk!!!

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got two more GNs for my wife and my mother-in-law during the last weekend. I now have three GNs (and one Thunderbolt) in total!!!

I was thinking of buying them from Amazon originally. However, my local Bestbuy had the pricematch until January 25th. They matched the Amazon price of GN and sold two GNs for $229/each - Family Plan Upgrade.

If you are planning to get a GN, but don't want to wait for backorder, you might want to try this route.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of buying them from Amazon originally. However, my local Bestbuy had the pricematch until January 25th. They matched the Amazon price of GN and sold two GNs for $229/each - Family Plan Upgrade.
The GNex is $250 at Let's Talk and Amazon isn't even listing a price on their web site any more for the GNex.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The GNex is $250 at Let's Talk and Amazon isn't even listing a price on their web site any more for the GNex.

I ran into that problem when I was upgrading mine. The rep at Bestbuy called Amazon and found the pricing of $229 for me, interestingly. I was also under the impression that $249 was the price before I went into the Bestbuy store, and they found even better pricing.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i ordered my gn from amazon and it costed 150 bucks with a new plan.

That's for a new account. Mine was upgrade of an existing family plan account. For whatever price you get from Amazon, Bestbuy seems to match it. Another guy next to me opened a new account for $149 before I left Bestbuy.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Then they raised it to $190 and then they pulled it off their site entirely. When they get it back in stock, it will be $230 for a new plan according to Amazon customer service.

Wow! Then, I must consider myself very lucky to upgrade existing family account at the right timing with right price ($229). :D

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just called again and this time they told me they can't say what the price will be when they get them back in stock.

I also tried exactly what you did and got the same result. It seems like Amazon is now aware of this price match from Bestbuy and doesn't want to lose its customers. Very cunning, Amazon!

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
costco has them in stock also for cheaper. plus, you get to return them in 3 months when new phones come out to get something better.

downtown jewelry bryan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
before i got mine, i called several best buys on multiple days to see if they would price match amazon (new subscriber). got a NO everytime. they wouldnt even price match radio shack's website deal which was $219 last week.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I called 3 and the 3rd time was a charm. The manager told me that they are allowed to price match online for mobile phones only. The other managers just said no. She told me it very much depends on who you get when you call or goto the store. I got the idea from some guy in california.

before i got mine, i called several best buys on multiple days to see if they would price match amazon (new subscriber). got a NO everytime. they wouldnt even price match radio shack's website deal which was $219 last week.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For those who are about to order to Amazon, it appears that Amazon got GN back in stock. Amazon website shows the pricing on the website if you put your number. With that, you can do the price matching at the bestbuy.